Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Good Jerry Seiner of South Jordan Utah

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by MerlintheMad, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I gave them a five star review. What do I know? This is my first-ever brand new car, i.e. the first time I've ever dealt with a dealer. They were relaxed with me. I got my GT1 AWD for c. $3K under sticker.

BTW: I find the amount of "Green" (positive) threads on the front page of this discussion forum very encouraging and in direct contrast to the early threads, threatening RED. I think the dealerships learned quickly to deal fairly if they wanted to thrive selling Stingers! This forum has been instrumental in holding KIA dealerships accountable, or so it seems to me. The age of 24/7/365 information is reforming the car sales industry. :D

2. BlaydeX15

BlaydeX15 United States Active Member

Did you look anywhere else by chance? I got mine at Doug Smith in American Fork for about the same # under sticker (Great service too), and Young in Layton refused to give me a price without walking in. (That cost them a sale.)

3. MerlintheMad

I went straight to the nearest Jerry Seiner after looking online for a while. Decided to start with the closest Kia dealership. It worked out very well. Coincidentally, it was a Doug Smith Stinger that I bought, from Jerry Seiner. I guess they have a good working relationship. Because when Seiner didn't have the Silky Silver in the trim we wanted with AWD, they started calling around and found one in short order. Seiner swung a trade over the phone. And while I waited, they went and fetched my car. :)

4. MerlintheMad

TruVideo - Repair Orders
    Does your dealer do this for you? Pretty cool.

They still get five stars from me. The "honeymoon" continues ...

5. Sanjay R

Sanjay R United States Newish Member

Bought mine at Jerry seiner from Alen Garibovic. Great guy and he put up with my days of negotiating over the phone and text. Final price $34500 black GT 1 out the door . Just add tax.

Big thanks to Alen for being a straight forward honest salesman.

Just realized mine was salt lake City Jerry seiner...oops.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MerlintheMad

Hey, same outfit, different locations is all. That is a terrific OTD price. I guess that's the way to score a killing, by waiting till the MY19s are in and they want to get the MY18s off the lot! :D

Welcome. It would be helpful if you include where you live with your avatar info. A little bit about your car in your signature is also informative, when people wonder which trim of Stinger you are talking about in your posts.:thumbup:

7. Sanjay R

Thank you!

Pretty new to this forum but I'll work on updating that. Yes my plan was to buy late in the year but what really made them eager to move this car was the fact that it was RWD car in a state that sees alot of snow and their customers demand AWD. So that worked in my favor quite a bit.

8. MerlintheMad

:thumbup: @Gordo (in Daybreak) has a Black RWD. He went last winter on his stock Michelin summer tires (and his stories of adventure on them are not encouraging, though very entertaining) but now has A/S. I switched to Nitto Motivo UHP A/S last month (my Michelins are bagged on the shelf in our shed). I don't think that we really need winter tires here along the Wasatch Front. But YMMV. Just don't try and go this winter on the Michelins, that's too risky.

RWD explains part of why your OTD was that much lower. AWD is $2,200 added on.

9. Sanjay R

I specifically wanted RWD, but I'm Uber pissed Kia didn't offer an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) on GT1"s...who decides this shit? I guess it's okay though, I'll find one in a junker and bolt it on just as I did with my 240sx.

10. MerlintheMad

Yeah, a lot of anger has been expressed about the way Kia puts their trims together, the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) being probably at the top of the shit list.

11. Sanjay R

At first I didn't think it would bother me too much, and it does not daily driving the car....but then I started experimenting with TCS and stability off and paddles only in the canyons....while I will say that even without an LSD (Limited Slip Differential)...the car is rediculously good for it's size and weight. But under hard power mid corner i can feel the inside wheel spin and car wont give me the sideways action I want! I want that LSD (Limited Slip Differential) to send me sideways and let me countersteer a bit!
    Damn my 240sx for spoiling me.

12. MerlintheMad

I can see that you will not be at peace until you get a LSD (Limited Slip Differential) put on it. AWD drive does not need one, of course. But also, of course, AWD is a completely different sort of handling than drifting with RWD powering out of a curve. I am not a "purist", never wanted RWD in the first place and looked for AWD: but it was negotiable: it wasn't one of the three things I absolutely had to have: the 3.3TT being top of the short list; then Harman Kardon 15 speakers surround sound; then sun/moonroof. If I had found all of them in the Silky Silver, but no AWD, I'd have given up the AWD (never had it before, so I don't need it now, but I wanted it) to drive away on the same day. My wife wanted the Silky Silver, so I insisted on that color above any other. Jerry Seiner South Jordan looked around and found everything sitting down at Doug Smith; and traded a JS car for their Silky Silver, drove it down, and drove my car up while I waited. That's how Jerry Seiner is.

13. Sanjay R

Yes, I must say I like when I find a dealership that stands out for service and actually wanting to earn your business instead of acting like they are doing you a favor selling you a car.

As for the AWD RWD thing, I hit a deer coming home from work about a month back , i had a 2016 WRX 6MT, modified with 300whp...loved putting the power to the ground and just hauling ass out of corners... insurance totaled it sadly so iineeded a replacement. I also have a 380 whp 240sx as my project car so I'm quite familiar with rwd handling characteristics....believe it or not i tried to buy a 18 mustang gt and dealerships were all giving me shit deals...then all of a sudden I started seeing stinger prices dropping below what i thougt possible. my concern with the stinger was weight so I opted for the RWD...I actually didn't care for the sunroof but just like you, the Harman kardon 15 speaker and 8" screen was a must for me....very happy with my decision to get a gt1, no regrets here. Just got back from Nicholas parks Kia here in Oakland to get my trunk rattle tsb fixed and even that was a pleasant experience.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

I'm corpscu how you tackle the LSD (Limited Slip Differential).
    I'm looking for either a '18gt2 or '19 gt1 cuz I want LSD (Limited Slip Differential), and those ventilated seats.

15. Sanjay R

Well a guy selling the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) internals on eBay claims he's simply replaced his open diff internals with Kia oem internals and all is well over 2k miles so far. If what he's saying is true,.then that means the external dimensions of the open diff and LSD (Limited Slip Differential) diff are probably identical. So long as the output flanges for the axles and drive shafts are the same ( I bet they are for cost savings) then this should be a fairly simple bolt on affair if you get the entire diff from a junk yard.....I prefer not to change differential internals because you really gotta be careful with measuring back lash and pinion heights ....and if you screw that up, you can end up locking up both rear tires at a less than opportune moment. So my plan is junk yard diff once you guys crash your cars ....jk....but not really..

• Funny Funny x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted