Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

JB4 Surprise?

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Anden L Schmitt, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Anden L Schmitt

Anden L Schmitt United States Member

So im wondering, becuase I just ordered the JB4 to replace my racechip due to boost oscillation issues with racechip, if jb4s valet mode can be used as an ECO mode or if they have an ECO mode. If they have an ECO mode what would I be expecting for my MPG vs stock?

2. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

3. Anden L Schmitt

I'm more looking at a profile that I can use for daily driving, I dont need to run the performance map unless I'm at a drag strip or some kinda race track. So I'm wondering if a ECO mode is a thing that would boost the MPG of the car over the current stock eco mode option. Currently that's 22mpg highway and 16 city

4. Anden L Schmitt

Still looking for an answer

5. brunosquito

brunosquito United States Newish Member

I’ll tell you from running map 1 awhile I’ve seen no drop in mpg running the JB4. Sometimes I think it’s better by +1-2 mpg in smart/eco mode on open freeways long distance. If you drive economically with JB4 it’s not a big deal.

6. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

I can understand where the OP is coming from. There used to be a lot of computer flash tuners out there that offered different styles of tunes to be used. Power, torque, and mileage tunes. From what I understand, the jB4 only offers different levels of power.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anden L Schmitt

Yah, that's why I was wondering if anyone has tested out the different maps (valet, or performance) in terms of fuel economy loss or gain.

8. Stinger-Performance

Stinger-Performance United States Member

That's not really how the JB4 works. You're thinking of flash tunes that re-write the tune. The JB4 "tricks" the stock ECU into giving it more boost, leaner AFR at full boost, etc. by altering the sensor signals going to the ECU. For example, if the ECU is targeting 14psi and the JB4 alters the signal so the ECU thinks it's only making 10psi, it will add 4psi to get it to 14psi (not knowing it's now actually 18psi).

So regarding your question related to driving modes, it doesn't really change the driving modes other than adding more power at wide open throttle. Imagine it as it just adds "x" percent more power to all modes at wide open throttle. So everything works the same as stock (you still select different driving modes, they still change the same things, etc.), it's just more powerful.

Draft saved Draft deleted