Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

JB4 Question

Discussion in 'Burger Tuning JB4 Support' started by NYstingerGT2, Oct 8, 2018.

1. NYstingerGT2

NYstingerGT2 United States Member

Hi all , excuse me if this has been asked/answered or talked about before. Can the stock plugs be used for the JB4 on map 1 without being re gapped ?

2. Ecobust

Ecobust United States Newish Member

Yes. I've been using map 1 for weeks now, since I'm too lazy to get the plugs changed. I've even tested out map 2 a few times, but didn't go over 4k rpm.

3. NYstingerGT2

How was it on map1 ? Did you do WOT yet ?

4. Ecobust

Ecobust United States Newish Member

Oh heck yeah, dozens of WOT pulls at this point. So far so good, not a single hiccup or stutter and nothing but smooth relentless power.

5. NYstingerGT2

Oh that’s nice to hear . I want to get the JB4 but I’m lazy also and don’t want to get new plugs or re gap the stock ones . That’s why I’m asking for input

6. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Generally all tuning solutions require you to regap the plugs. Map1 may work fine for you, but don't be surprised if you eventually get misfires on the stock plug gap, even at its meager boost increase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

@Terry@BMS ... I recently installed midpipes, should I send you some logs to see if I'm still in range to use a stock map?

8. NYstingerGT2

@Terry@BMS , if I replace the stock plugs . What can I expect to get out of the JB4 on a Stock GT Awd . A lot of numbers I’ve been seeing are for RWD.

9. NYstingerGT2

I have an AWD GT , what numbers can I expect to see from the JB4 ? My car is completely stock

10. BallsAwesome

BallsAwesome United States Active Member

AWD GT here. I ran 4.1 0-60mph and 12.4 1/4 at 111mph using 93 octane on map2. Check it out...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  11. washguy

washguy United States Active Member

NY Some folks stated no problems on map1 without new plugs....but if I was spending my money on a JB4 I wouldn't wanna just run map 1....map1 is fun for about a day or two until you get some new plugs....im stock cept for K&N drop in filters ....map3 and map5 is real neck snapping fast....OH don't forger to install the fuel wires along with obdi connect to get full benefits out of the JB4 :) Wash

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Depends what map you feel like running. But, mid 12s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Angeski

Angeski United States Member

But isnt the GT already in the higher end of 12s? Is the JB4 able to push to 11.8? With just plugs added?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

Dang no love for map2?! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BallsAwesome

I love map2. 12.4 is my best so far. Can’t wait for a cool, dry day. Check out my runs....Balls Awesome

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bryan2.0

Bryan2.0 United States Active Member

The times I have seen on a stock 3.3 have all been in the low 13’s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

What other mods do you have?

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Angeski

Angeski United States Member

My numbers were wrong for 1/4 miles. My apologies. How close can we guess that the 2.0T can go using the best map for 1/4? Will it put them in the 13s?

19. Bryan2.0

Bryan2.0 United States Active Member

I have a few things done and have yet to break into the 13’s. I will continue to tweak the car to get more 10th’s out of it.

20. BallsAwesome

Just a K&N Typhoon Intake. Before the JB4, I ran 13.05 with just that Intake. JB4 on Map2 was able to give me enough oomph to hit those mid 12s. I look forward to running a stronger map and some better fuel.

Draft saved Draft deleted