• Click HERE to ask your JB4 Question!
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

JB4 Not making a difference after install

jackhaight

Newish Member
I recently bought the 450 whp kit.

I have installed everything that the kit has provided exactly as the videos and guides have shown me but I am not getting any better results.

I ran some test in my car before I installed anything and was running 4.94 with someone in the car as my fastest time.

After installation I was able to get a 5.16 as my fastest time.
I double checked all of the parts and they all look correct.
So my only line of thought is that I must have an error within my jb4 unit where it is not telling my engine to do whatever it needs to do.

So I would love to get this resolved and Ill state the circumstances along with the runs

4.94 - no mapping or installation of parts - additional person in the car - 93 octane

5.02 - bms intakes , jb4 unit , gapped provided spark plugs, oil catch can - map 3 - 93 octane with 1 extra person in the car

So I kicked him out of the car
4.78 - So everything above without the extra person in the car

I have also updated the app and unit in the car to jb4_p21_KIA-v22-t4.hex
App build 2.5.4 (9748)
Firmware version 21/22//5

I have also added the logs from when I was testing this.

Would love to know what to do to fix this problem.

Thanks

Attachments

• P21_M3_R2_210806_2347.csv
    383.2 KB · Views: 18

BadTrainDriver

Powell, OH
You're in Map 3, and at 100% throttle you're pulling an unsafe amount of timing.
Log Map 1, and let us see it.
Do not use continue to use Map 3.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
fuel is bad I guess. just try 93 octane and don't mix anything in. try to empty the tank as much as possible and get gas at a good station like shell or Exxon or something. I would also try to reset the ECU. Take the keys out, open the trunk, lock the car up, wait 10 minutes and then disconnect the battery for 15 minuts or so, then reconnect. Do this after you get a full tank of new gas, no e30. Try Map 1 and post up the log. That's the worst timing I've seen. Either that or the plugs are not gapped properly at .022, or both.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
yes, check the plugs to make sure they are tight, but may be worth checking the gap too if you are going to go to the trouble. someone has posted torque specs in the past. Ii think it's like 15-18 lbs or something.

jackhaight

Newish Member
Alrighty , so I rechecked all my spark plugs
They are solid , except one of them was not fully tightened
I did not check the gapping on the plugs because I already spent alot of time on that .

So I undid all of them and put them all to 17 torque whatevers

I still have e30 in my car but currently running out as we speak , I would love if anyone has any idea to siphon it out quicker

ill attach some of my recent runs on different maps with this bad fuel

I had a couple of very quick runs on a map 3/4

little history , I just got this car back from the mechanic , where it sat for 3 months

got it really low and then put more e30 mix in on top of 1.5 gallons of 3 month old gas

im pretty positive this is the issue ,
How much does this affect it though?

anywho
Currently getting the worst possible gas milage to empty this tank .

@BadTrainDriver @StingertimeNC

Attachments

• P21_M0_R5_210807_2029.csv
    264.2 KB · Views: 6

Oryan

Stinger Enthusiast
Hampton Roads, VA
Stop using map 3. You're going to break something at this rate. Until you run out that gas, you probably should just keep it at map 0 and disable the JB4. At best, don't do anything above map 1. Also, running the car when it's almost empty isn't good for it either. Find decent gas like Exxon/Shell or something, reset the ECU again, drive the car a bit(like a couple of days) normally, so the ECU can unlearn old gas, and log a map 1 pull. If that looks better, then go from there.

Also...why was the car sitting with a mechanic for 3 months..?

jackhaight

Newish Member
Car sat because of an accident . Mechanic shop was draggin their feet on it.

Ill just run the car stock for right now until I am down to a few miles of gas then ill put some good 93 octane in it .

ill drive it for another day and then reset ecu by turning off the car with the key away from it for 20 minutes .
Sound right ?

@Oryan

jackhaight

Newish Member
Alrighty ,

So last night I was able to drive around and get the car down to pretty low . Drove it this morning to empty and then filled it up with shells 93 nitro

I then went back home and left the keys away from the car for 15 minutes

Iunplugged the battery and started working on the spark plugs
I checked everysingle one of them
Their gap and their torque are both as perfect as I can get them

check the other small wires connected to the box and made sure they were really well seated in the

15-18 torque
.022 gapped plugs
After checking them all , plugged all if them back in and then reconnected the battery

After doing that , I went out to my local spot to warm up the engine and do a couple runs in map 0 and 1

temp outside is 95-98

best run on map 0 was a 4.85 / 4.91
best run on map 1 was a 4.63 / 4.68

I posted the file from jb4 down below to help yall see anything .

what do yall think I need to do next?

how much is outside temp affecting results?

How long should I drive the car with the much better gas to see much better results?

Attachments

• P21_M1_R4_210808_1500.csv
    275.5 KB · Views: 10