kia stinger store

JB4 IAT Spoof

Avon

I've looked all over trying to find answers to a few questions if someone could help answer them would be great.

I made a "fuel wire". It is a simple wire with a male d-sub pin and an inline 1k resistor.
I'm pretty sure it goes into pin #1 on jb4 and taps into brown wire on jb4 wire at the MAP sensor.

Now for the questions.

What to I need to set in the JB4 app to set a temp? (Most important question)

Is is an offset of actual temp or will it be a static temp?

I think I have seen that a target of 90F is ideal for boost, timing and transmission performance?

Is the JB4 also spoofed or does it know the real temp but reports something different to the ECU?

Thank you so much.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
Set 6cyl timing really low like 5 to lower IAT, really high like 80 to increase IAT.

When active the IAT shown in the log will also be false.

Avon

I have seen no change with it set to 5 or 80.

That is the only setting? And setting it back to 0 disables the spoof?

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
It changes under boost if properly wired using the latest firmware.

Value of 0 disables it.

xot1

1000 Posts Club!
Seoul
Set 6cyl timing really low like 5 to lower IAT, really high like 80 to increase IAT.

When active the IAT shown in the log will also be false.
Hi Terry

For the short amount of testing I did, these were my findings, are these not valid? (anymore?)

20201016_081938.jpg

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
With the latest firmware/implementation the values will be somewhat different but it's an easy figure to change, log, and adjust as needed.

Avon

Thanks Terry and xot1.

I'll have to pull the wire and check for continuity tomorrow as regardless of the value it doesn't do anything yet.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
Latest firmware needs IAT wire in to spot#1 on the JB4 connector.

Avon

I checked continuity and that was the expected resistance of 998.

I tapped the brown (#4) wire coming out of the JB4 MAP sensor plug. Is that correct?

Only other thing to do is to confirm it is in #1. (99% sure it is)

Avon

Ok confirmed it was all right and still didn't work so went back to v19 and now it works. I had been on the alpha and in addition to spoof apparently not work the e85 never worked with alpha so nice to have both working now! Thanks again to all that helped. Oh set it to 80 and at WOT it is spoffing about 80F so might bump it up a bit more.

Avon

Ok figured I might as well keep this alive a bit longer.

Any potential issues when it is say 40F outside real IAT would be say 60F but meth is flowing so actual IAT is 30-40F but I have it spoofed to 80-100F?

Ideally I'm trying to optimize performance but not at a significant risk.

Any educated thoughts? Thanks

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
You probably have something set wrong with the latest firmware then, best to get that sorted out.

On the spoofing itself it's a tool you'll need to play with. Most just run it short term during track events when they want to force down IAT to offset high numbers from sitting in the staging lanes.