Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

JB4 for 2.0T

Discussion in 'Burger Tuning JB4 Support' started by Chyoon, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Chyoon

Chyoon United States Active Member

Does anyone have JB4 for 2.0T? I just bought mine but there aren't too many discussions on the 2.0T variant.

For those who have the 2.0T+ JB4 or are knowledgeable, is the regapping to 0.022-0.024 or getting the denso sparkplugs still the only prerequisite to installation? What other issues have you encountered? Solutions? Interesting findings?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. Bryan3.3

Bryan3.3 United States Active Member

I ran the JB4 on my 2.0 and it worked great. I opted to get the more expensive HKS plugs but from what I understand the densos work the same so I could have saved some cash. I daily drove my car on map 2 for several thousand miles. It definitely in my opinion is a must for the 2.0 platform as stock it lacks the performance you would expect. Just a heads up the fuel wire is now operabyfor the 2.0 also. Only one wire is used and did smooth the car out under WOT.

3. Chyoon

Thank you Brian. Is there a reason why you're saying everything in past tense? Did you end up taking it off?

And what does the fuel wire do exactly? I just purchased the JB4 with the bluetooth kit for now. Debating on trying the factory sparkplugs regapping route or the denso.

4. Bryan3.3

I unfortunately wrecked my 2.0 two weeks ago. I did get a 3.3 GT to replace it and will be installing the JB4 as soon as my plugs arrive. I ordered them the night I got the car lol. I believe the denso and HKS plugs run a step cooler than the stocks and it was advised to replace them so I just did and gapped down to .22. The fuel wire will lean the fuel out during WOT that should increase the performance. I have had no issues running it and would recommend getting the JB4 for sure.

5. Chyoon

Thank you. I think I'll do just that denso and regap. So all I need to do is purchase 4 denso sparkplugs, regap to 0.22, and replace stock, right? I'm sorry about your 2.0T Stinger, and I hope you were able to walk away with minimal injuries. But congrats on your GT!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryan3.3

Yep, that’s it and changing the plugs is super easy on the 2.0. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes. That’s from a guy who is no mechanic by any means. Good luck, I know you will enjoy the added performance.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A-A-ron

A-A-ron United States Newish Member

Anyone else using JB4 for the 2.0, I am close to ordering but wanted to see if anyone was currently using it and had any issues with tripping codes or had spark issues once they upgraded to the Denso plugs.

8. Bryan3.3

I had a 2.0 and ran the JB4 along with some other mods and never had an issue. The cars performance was so much better with it.

9. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

10. A-A-ron

Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
  11. A-A-ron

So are you saying the Denso plugs have had issues?

12. Bryan3.3

I’m only aware of the Denso’s working on the 3.3 which is what I’m running on mine with no issue. I don’t think there is an alternative for the 2.0.

13. A-A-ron

Good to know thanks!

14. Chyoon

Okay. I'm realizing my 91 octane fuel may not be best for the boost profile...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  15. Stinger2.0T

Stinger2.0T United States New Member

Anyone running the JB4 on a 2.0t in Arizona? It gets so hot here in the summer and we only have 91 octane so I want to be sure I do the right thing. Would constant summer temps of 100 to 110 degrees necessitate getting the aftermarket spark plugs and regapping them? Thanks!

16. mandasol

mandasol United States Active Member

I would definitely either re-gap the stock plugs or get the recommended aftermarket plugs even with a mild tune. Unlike the 3.3 the spark plugs are really easy to get to in the 2.0

17. TStaino

TStaino United States Member

Not in AZ, but regapping the plugs are a must. Colder plugs that are regapped are an even better solution, especially in the heat you have there. The stock plugs are terrible even with a stock set up, so if you have the added boost of the JB4, go for the better plugs.

Would you be interested in a free No Maintenance Oil Catch Can solution? Terry @ BMS is willing to design a free solution for a 2L owner who is willing to let him get under their hood.

I am way out on the east coast, so not feasible for me, but if you’re willing to take a trip to see Terry and the guys at BMS, they would provide a free no maintenance OCC solution for any 2L owner who will let them figure out the details around the PCV system.

Happy to help you guys get connected as well. Just let me know.

18. Stinger2.0T

Stinger2.0T United States New Member

Thanks for your input TStaino. I take it you also have a 2L Stinger? When you say colder plugs which plugs are we talking about?

As to the Oil Catch Can, I may be interested in working with BMS. Can you tell me where they are located so I can see if its even feasible? I'm open to working with them but not if they are far away.

Thanks!

19. TStaino

TStaino United States Member

I do have a 2L Stinger, and I love it!

I have the HKS plugs, but I have read in a lot of the forums that the Denso plugs are holding up just as well, and I believe they are cheaper.

Terry's is in Simi Valley, CA (93065). I hope that is close to you!

Let me know if that is feasible for you, and I will get you connected with Terry!

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: