Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

JB4 Custom Fuel Wire Harness

Discussion in 'Burger Tuning JB4 Support' started by ecko04, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

*I am creating this post for those who are not in the initial batches*

For the backstory and for those still asking why I did this, please see: 3.3TT - Creating True Plug-N-Play JB4 Harness (w/Fuel Wires)

If you have inquiries, and you're in the first three batches, please also post in the thread above. I want to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Harnesses will now ship in a monthly batch (i.e., September, October, November)

The rationale for this is simply time constraints. I believe some folks think I am running a business and don't understand that I am creating these harnesses in front of my Mac as I try to design courses that begin in a few weeks.

I recently spoke to a member that asked if I used a DMM to test each wire and connector before shipping? I had to remind them that I am working alone with no compensation for time. Testing a single harness would mean testing 12 pins. I have created 50 harnesses at this point. You do the math.

I check the connections in the connector to ensure wires are snug and I solder the breakout wire. It is not feasible to continue devoting that time to harness creation.

Also, in terms of cost, I want to be clear this project generates $0 in profit for me. In fact, in Batches 1 and 2, I had to contribute to the cost of shipping outside of the lower 48 due to a lack of international first-class mail postage. The price is just enough to cover supplies and shipping. I take the money provided to pay the credit card that was used to source the materials. Hence why timely payments assist with expediting the next batch.

Here is the process moving forward.
    1. Direct Message OR post a reply to the thread that indicates you want to join the batch for that month (and I will update the list for the month).
    2. Names must be received by the 5th to ensure the proper quantity of materials is ordered. I will make an exception in November to accept names until 11/15.
    3. Payments must be received by the 10th. In November, payments must be received by the 15th.
    4. Shipment will likely occur by the 4th week of the month.

Caveats
    • There must be at least five names on the list for any particular month for there to be a shipment if not, the shipment will occur the following month even if five names were not received.
    • Due to travel and holidays, there will be no December or January shipment, names received after 11/15 will be added to the February shipment.
    • I will continue to offer complete JB4 end-to-end PNP solutions for those just ordering their system or willing to uninstall it for me to do so.
    • If, and when, BMS begins offering their own harnesses, if they are of similar design, quality, and cost to the ones I develop, then this project will be concluded.
    Price
    • ~$65 shipped in the lower 48
    • ~$93 shipped to Canada
    • There may be slight price fluctuations in the next few months hence the approximate values
    • Prices may alter depending on the supplier for materials. I use two primary sources. When one is sold out, then I go to the other, but the 2nd has a higher rate that unfortunately must be included in the price.
    • The prices above are before any PayPal fees which the buyer must also account for if paying as a good/service (typically 3% + $0.30 transaction fee).

What will I receive
    • You'll receive two harnesses that look something like the ones below. Yours will also have braided mesh around the harnesses to protect against the heat from the engine bay.
    • If you're a 2.0T owner, please connect with my offline as you only need 1 of these harnesses and it'll need to be a little longer.
    • You'll also receive two heat solder sleeves to connect to your existing fuel wires and shrink tubing to cover the solder sleeves.
    [​IMG]

OK, but what do I do with those heat solder sleeves?

FYI - Use a heat gun, not a lighter.

Now that we have all that out of the way let's get going with our September list!
    Once again, if you were in batches 1 - 3, you need not include your name.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Kato_the_kia_stinger

Kato_the_kia_stinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Very cool. I hadn’t realized that a community member was working on this.

3. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

Who wants in on the September shipment?

50% sleeker, additional flexibility added and overall wiring diameter reduced to 1/4"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kato_the_kia_stinger

I’m in.

5. Kato_the_kia_stinger

Assuming this can work with the WMI kit

6. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

Are you going to do this for the IAT wire as well? (Not even sure where that one goes, but all for clean solutions like this. Nice job!)

7. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bonsai

Bonsai United States Active Member

Is there any way to make this happen on the first batch ourselves? Or is the wire gauge a different size and that's what helped with the diameter and flexibility?

9. ecko04

ecko04 Active Member

You can PM me or post in the original thread. This thread isn’t for the original batches. Once again, I’d like to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted