kia stinger store

Issue Number SA341 - Fast Static Gear Shift Logic Improvement (2.0 and 3.3GT)

DarthVaderIX

State of Idaho USA
Do not get static gear shift update if you love how your car drives in sport mode.kia did mine yesterday when I had it in for service. Car in sport mode shifts like your in comfort with update. They are trying to figure out at dealer how to put back to stock. The update took all the aggressiveness out of sport mode.just giving you guys a heads up. If that’s what you like have it updated. But if you like the stiff snappy up and down shifts leave it alone don’t updat. Very disappointing
Hen you say snappy up and downshifts, do you mean with the paddles? Certainly not in “D” and braking with wheel brakes ?

Metalmania82

Stinger Enthusiast
Reading, PA

MSCHU24

Newish Member
Mine was done a few days ago. It is definitely not the same car I bought. I am not happy. Sport mode feels softer than comfort used to.

Metalmania82

Stinger Enthusiast
Reading, PA
I noticed nothing different, which is ok with me I guess. I'm also using JB4 with latest firmware. Are you guys both stock?

Callum

Stinger Enthusiast
Atlanta
I had mine done, I notice no change other than snappier gear changes on 3-4 and 5-6. The rest have always been a little slow but this isn't a DCT so I'm pretty thrilled about the performance.

MSCHU24

Newish Member
I had mine done, I notice no change other than snappier gear changes on 3-4 and 5-6. The rest have always been a little slow but this isn't a DCT so I'm pretty thrilled about the performance.
Do you drive in manual mode or let it shift for you? I only drive in manual sport and it had always shifted fast and hard. Now I would compare it to my daughters 2005 honda accord 4 cylinder. It really has changed that much.

If someone has had the same problems and it eventually went away could you please post???

app_master

Founding Member
Brisbane, Australia
Any updates?

I have an MY19 GT (Oct 2018 build) that is exhibiting the behavior being describing by the OP and a few others on here. I have noted it for my first (free) service coming up in a few weeks (3000km new) for them to look at. It seems minor and somewhat intermittent at the moment, but needs to be addressed. Mostly noticed when driving in comfort mode (this when you expect smooth sailing, right?). Shift 3-4 is the most noticeable but happens through 3-4-5. I have also noticed it can happen either cold or warm. When it is evident/occurring it can be prompted with paddle shifts. Mmmmmmm... fault, tuning or characteristic?