kia stinger store

Issue Number SA341 - Fast Static Gear Shift Logic Improvement (2.0 and 3.3GT)

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
What cars are you guys driving that have had update. Gt gt1 gt2 rwd awd . Just curious

The update is only applicable to the non-shift by wire cars, so anything but the GT2.

It was originally only for the 2.0s but was expanded to the GT and GT1 a few months ago.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
Is it possible that when they flashed ecu.that it reset the learning parameters of the computer and it’s has to start over learning my driving style?

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
Is it possible that when they flashed ecu.that it reset the learning parameters of the computer and it’s has to start over learning my driving style?

Has that been proven to actually happen? I’ve seen it talked about but nothing to show that the transmission actually changes.

But if it does it would make sense that that info would be erased when an update to the TCU is applied.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
Yes they both have learning tech. In the transmission the pcu learns and in engine the ecu learns it’s just a very slow process takes months so not real noticeable sometimes.but it would only start over if it was reset somehow. That’s why I was wondering if flash would have caused that.

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
I know when I reload my tune on the mustang, it does relearn. But usually it's the opposite.. when I reload the shifts are firm and get softer as it learns because of getting stuck in heavy traffic.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
This will be a very useful thread if others offer their experiences after the update.

I had it done back in August. I can't tell any difference with how the car shifts.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Gt rwd cable LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential) rear. I know what my car fells like and how transmission acts . I Only drive In sport period. That’s why I am on here trying to get some feed back. When car goes from slamming 2nd gear and spinning tires to Not doing that.that is a problem for me. When I’m in sport I want it to shift fast and hard which it use to before update that’s all I’m getting at

What do you mean when you say the car was "spinning tires"? Are you trying to say your car was losing traction whenever it shifted to 2nd and 3rd gears? And now you're disappointed that the car isn't losing traction???

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
Yes they both have learning tech. In the transmission the pcu learns and in engine the ecu learns it’s just a very slow process takes months so not real noticeable sometimes.but it would only start over if it was reset somehow. That’s why I was wondering if flash would have caused that.

Well does the car now feel how it did when you bought it? And as you “taught” it it got more aggressive.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
The car is way less aggressive like when I bought it. So I’m wondering if transmission went back to stock. I drive the car hard every day . That’s why I bought it . To tune it to the max. Now the shifts are just weak. What do I mean about spinning tires when car hit second gear it was quick and hard. Now sloppy.2nd would hit and pull you back in seat. Now it’s just lags like you can’t even feel it go into 2 but it’s in second gear

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
I'm so confused...

I can tell you (if you're curious about other people's experience) my car behaves the same now as it did before the TSB was done, so I don't think the TSB is the culprit.

Do you have a piggyback on your car? If so, try disconnecting/disabling it, restarting the car, drive it, and see if you get the same feels. Sounds like your car isn't making boost.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
Car is making boost still hauls ass . Shifts are just not crisp and fast anymore.in sport it shifts like it’s in between comfort and sport. Yes I have all the goodies on car.

Doel

1000 Posts Club!
Birmingham, Al.
The car is way less aggressive like when I bought it. So I’m wondering if transmission went back to stock. I drive the car hard every day . That’s why I bought it . To tune it to the max. Now the shifts are just weak. What do I mean about spinning tires when car hit second gear it was quick and hard. Now sloppy.2nd would hit and pull you back in seat. Now it’s just lags like you can’t even feel it go into 2 but it’s in second gear

Can you try to explain what you mean? Is shifting to second taking longer than before? When it shifts, is it at a lower RPM than before? Feeling aside, is the car actually slower than before? If the car is just as fast as before, it just shifts smoother now, that's actually a good thing, smooth shifts is a quality of better transmissions. If you ride in a German super saloon like an M5 or E46, you'll see their transmissions shift very smoothly as well.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
When I’m in sport mode before update. The shifts with just a mild throttle take of you could feel the clutches grab fast and hard it would give you a nice jolt in second and third gear. Now when it goes into second gear it’s just not the same clutch grab feeling. It more or less eases itsway into 2 gear. Let’s say this before in full Manuel sport all traction and stability stuff off. I could take off in 1st wide it up to 6000rpm bump paddle shifter and it would pin you against seat instantly going into 2 gear same with third. Now that does not happen anymore. It’s just a weak shift now compared to before.

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
I know somebody out there has been in and automatic that knows that feeling I’m trying to explain.its like comfort mode the shifts are lazy.

Doel

1000 Posts Club!
Birmingham, Al.
When I’m in sport mode before update. The shifts with just a mild throttle take of you could feel the clutches grab fast and hard it would give you a nice jolt in second and third gear. Now when it goes into second gear it’s just not the same clutch grab feeling. It more or less eases itsway into 2 gear. Let’s say this before in full Manuel sport all traction and stability stuff off. I could take off in 1st wide it up to 6000rpm bump paddle shifter and it would pin you against seat instantly going into 2 gear same with third. Now that does not happen anymore. It’s just a weak shift now compared to before.

so what you're saying is that your car isn't any slower, it just isn't giving you that "jolt" when it shifts anymore, correct?

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
When I would hit second gear the car would almost launch again with a firm hard shift now totally different. Just trying to figure why.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Can we revisit the possibility that your tuner is causing an over boost issue and your ECU is limiting the amount of boost the car is making?