Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Is this a good opening lease offer from the dealer?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by 98stage2, Oct 10, 2018.

1. 98stage2

98stage2 United States New Member

Noob here, apologies. I have never leased, nor purchased new before so I have some questions:

1) Is this a decent opening offer?
    2) Is there enough information in this offer to determine what a lease buyout would cost? If not, what additional information would I need?
    3) I assume the extra fees and add-ons can be negotiated or reduced. Am I mistaken in that?
    4) Any idea what the OCP New fee is?

Thanks!

Stinger lease.jpg

2. Indy499

Indy499 United States Member

$2300 dealer discount is not nearly enough. Pre-incentive price should be around 8-9% off MSRP, minimum. I had an offer at $47,731 pre-incentive back in May for a $52300 msrp. Should be cheaper now.

Also, do you really want all those dealer accessories? $149 for nitro fill is a notorious scam. And $1100 (!) for floor mats, mudguards, tint, etc. seems pretty outrageous. The mud guards are $95 as a port-installed accessory. Why are they charging $249???
    I dunno what OCP is, but I would bet dollars to donuts it's a dealer ripoff. Probably the window etch. You don't want it.

And that $649 doc fee is super high, though you probably can't negotiate it. But you can use that to negotiate more off MSRP. They have $649 of built in profit right there...

$12100 is great for the rebate! Must be the $7700 lease cash + $1000 AWD bonus + $3000 conquest/loyalty + $400 military rebate. They shouldn't be able to combine the conquest with lease cash though. Keep an eye out for them pulling that one back on you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Looking at this, the final price doesn't seem bad however, I don't now where they are getting that $12,100 rebate from. If it's good, take it. The do list @ $1200 in extras (door guards, mats, mud guard, etc.) and I don't know what the tax rate is but if it's in there, the final price is good.

4. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

If there's a chance you are going to keep it for the full lease I would get more than 10k miles per year. I would want to know what the money factor is, the add on equipment is grossly over priced. I would also want to know the detail tax breakdown $384 and details on the non-tax amount of $772? Don't know what OCP is but it's optional so delete. Non tax fee could include lease acquisition fee? Price looks good, payments look high. That would indicate a high money factor and low residual value. I would not lease for more than 36 months. Hope this helps, great car.

5. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Also, check the build date, is this a 2017 or 2018 build?

6. 98stage2

98stage2 United States New Member

Wow, lots of good information, thank you all. I have a lot to learn/research.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted