kia stinger store

Is it required?

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
I will be getting new tires soon and I was told that it is always a good idea to get the car aligned every time you getting new tires, is that true? My car drive is solid straight.
I'm also trying to experience new tires, any one has tried the GeneralMAx AS-05 and Hankook Ventus Evo V12?
Thank you.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
I will be getting new tires soon and I was told that it is always a good idea to get the car aligned every time you getting new tires, is that true? My car drive is solid straight.
I'm also trying to experience new tires, any one has tried the GeneralMAx AS-05 and Hankook Ventus Evo V12?
Thank you.
I didn’t, replaced the tires at around 20k miles and getting an alignment wasn’t even on my mind (car drove perfectly) then when I had the car lowered at around 25k miles I got an alignment. You should be fine.

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
In short, no, it's not "required" but it's a good idea.

BUT...... Make sure it's done by someone who knows what they're doing ( most of the time that's NOT a tire place ).
A suspension place is usually a better bet and tell them what kind of driving you do so they set it up for your needs.

If you're savvy re tire wear and don't have any signs of alignment issues and you don't have any problems, don't mess with it.
If you're not so savvy, get it checked.

Last edited:

ShannonC

2500 Posts Club!
@GenesisG70
If current wear pattern is even on all four then probably no need, otherwise it's not a bad idea but as you most likely already know there's little adjustment on front end.

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
@GenesisG70
If current wear pattern is even on all four then probably no need, otherwise it's not a bad idea but as you most likely already know there's little adjustment on front end.
Really.....

Who builds a flagship sports car without Camber adjustment..... ? :rolleyes:

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
GeneralMAx AS-05

Had them on a Optima a while back.

They're fine for a budget performance tire, moreso on a fwd low power car like the Optima.

If you can afford it I'd spring for something better.

There's a couple of good AS Max performance tires from Conti that will perform better, but they'll probably cost you an extra $2-300 for a set.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
the majority of bmw models including true M models don't have front camber adjustment without the use of aftermarket plates or replacement wishbones or swivel joints or bushings to change camber... Of course, they generally come with more negative camber as standard so it isn't as much a deal for most people..

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
My wheel and tire guys don't mention an alignment when I get new tires. You'd think they would at least suggest it, to make more bucks, if that was how this works. :D

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
My wheel and tire guys don't mention an alignment when I get new tires. You'd think they would at least suggest it, to make more bucks, if that was how this works. :D
haha, some do some don't... some of the guys at the tire place i go to are other car enthusiasts and definitely recommended getting an alignment after i got new tires... and they don't even offer alignments there, just suggested i get it done.

DeltaV

the majority of bmw models including true M models don't have front camber adjustment without the use of aftermarket plates or replacement wishbones or swivel joints or bushings to change camber... Of course, they generally come with more negative camber as standard so it isn't as much a deal for most people..
I’m waiting for SuperPro to get back to me on offset bushes for the lower control arms.

Has anyone found a solution to the ridiculously low front camber situation?

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast
I’m waiting for SuperPro to get back to me on offset bushes for the lower control arms.

Has anyone found a solution to the ridiculously low front camber situation?
coilovers with adjustable top hats. Someone really needs to just make some camber plates for the platform.

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
coilovers with adjustable top hats. Someone really needs to just make some camber plates for the platform.
Camber plates actually push the struts assy further down which actually increases positive camber ( unless you have height adjustable coilovers ).

What's actually required are adjustable lower control arms or adjustable cam style nolathane bushes.

The cam style bushes would be the cheapest and easiest solution but the arms would be the best.

DeltaV

Thus my attempt with SuperPro.

Since I have the GT2 with adjustable suspension, changing out the strut for coilovers is counterproductive…and how would coilovers work without an upper a-arm?

Trust me, I would love dual wishbones up front. A real suspension with adjustability and predictability!

Last edited:

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
Thus my attempt with SuoerPro.

Since I have the GT2 with adjustable suspension, changing out the strut for coilovers is counterproductive…and how would coilovers work without an upper a-arm?

Trust me, I would love dual wishbones up front. A real suspension with adjustability and predictability!
I dont understand that question.

DeltaV

AusStinger suggested that implementing camber plates above the front MacPherson struts to gain negative camber would consume vertical space, ironically imparting some positive camber.

This could be mitigated with height-adjustable coilovers, a solution with which I am very familiar on double wishbone suspension configurations.

But since MacPherson struts (such as we have in our front suspension geometry) replace upper wishbones and dampers, substituting a coilover suspension (which carries the vehicle weight on the lower wishbone) would render the top of the kingpin uncontrolled.

Floppin’ like a fish, actually.

Unless others have an alternate solution, I’m chasing SuperPro to supply offset bushes for the lower control arm to push out the bottom of the wheel.

Capische?

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast
Thus my attempt with SuperPro.

Because the top hat is where the adjustment is on a McPherson Strut coilover.

The only thing that double wishbone gives you in advantage is better camber gain at the expense of more complexity. Yes it's nice but there's plenty of platforms that work just fine with struts. I don't think it makes a car any more predictable.

Camber plates actually push the struts assy further down which actually increases positive camber ( unless you have height adjustable coilovers ).

What's actually required are adjustable lower control arms or adjustable cam style nolathane bushes.

The cam style bushes would be the cheapest and easiest solution but the arms would be the best.
Why would you buy nonadjustable coilovers? Those are near non existent except for OE style stuff. And also you can make top hats that don't alter the ride height, in fact most would usually move the strut upwards not downwards.

Eccentric bolts (or cam style as you called them) would be easier but also harder to adjust without changing caster and toe at the same time because those pick up points aren't in a good location to isolate just caster.

Last edited:

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
AusStinger suggested that implementing camber plates above the front MacPherson struts to gain negative camber would consume vertical space, ironically imparting some positive camber.

This could be mitigated with height-adjustable coilovers, a solution with which I am very familiar on double wishbone suspension configurations.

But since MacPherson struts (such as we have in our front suspension geometry) replace upper wishbones and dampers, substituting a coilover suspension (which carries the vehicle weight on the lower wishbone) would render the top of the kingpin uncontrolled.

Floppin’ like a fish, actually.

Unless others have an alternate solution, I’m chasing SuperPro to supply offset bushes for the lower control arm to push out the bottom of the wheel.

Capische?

Yes I did.

I'm aware that coilover options exist for multiple suspension styles / configurations and, Fully adjustable Coilover replacements exist for McPherson struts. KIA STINGER HSD COILOVERS MONOPRO WITH DSDC DELETE
HSD KIA STINGER.jpg

No point mentioning double wishbone setup since we aint got it up front.

Stinger front suspension.gif

I don't, and I'd be happy with any reliable option but I'd love to see adjustable lower control arms.
at make more sense ? Or as you say, Capische ?

Last edited: