Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interior Nano Ceramic Coating

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Detailing Discussion' started by Salman, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Salman

Salman Saudi Arabia Active Member

Since my 2019 Stinger (Ceramic Silver) is coming soon, The last a couple of days i went visiting most of our high end detailing shops, asking question, comparing prices, product's warranty. On a mission to research the best detailer shop out there in our City.

Long Story short, I choose a "Drive 7" a detailer shop; who does tented windows, full protection including nano ceramic... etc.

what I decided to do with My Stinger are the following:
    - Nano-Tech window sun protection Film. Because You no how hot is is here ! (Tinted windows). 395$ (After 25% discount) - 10 Years Warranty.
    - Front Protection Film. Because I travel a lot on the road. (Only on hood, mirrors, front windshield sliders, full front and side bumper) 645$ (After 25% discount) - 5 Years Warranty + Plus every 6 months free check-up.

And now my questions is should apply Nano Ceramic Coating for the interior of the car?
    It costs 335$ (After 50% discount) - 1 years warranty + 1 Re-coating after 10 months.

it's not the price a worried about so much, it's the interior, will coating it damage the interior after several years, will actually prevent stains.. etc. will actually lessen interior wear on the seats?
    these questions i don't have answers to.

If anyone has some experience in such field, I would love to hear his point of view on this matter.

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. scharn

scharn United States Active Member

I've put on coatings on the leather before, and yeah it makes it more resistant to staining, and slightly changes the surface feel of the leather. It works, but I wouldn't put it has a high priority as I don't spill on leather very often, and leather by its nature is pretty resistant to staining as long as you don't let stuff sit all that long.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

I’d recommend Suntek Ultra PPF as it self heals and has a 10 year warranty. I drive mostly highway miles in Arizona (also a desert) and have almost 9k miles. Not scratch on the PPF because of the self heal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Tint (for your climate) and PPF definitely. As for interior treatments/coatings, I think they are waste of money and if anything a detriment to the longevity of the natural leather. Clean and condition your leather as needed, and it will stay beautiful a long, long time. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted