kia stinger store

Installing Wheel Cap Overlays

vern

Newish Member
Hello All...looking for some assistance. I bought some wheel overlays from here (kdmwarehouse.com) and they came with an extra adhesive pad aside from the adhesive that is on the overlay itself. I'm thinking I don't need to use it as it would obviously cause the overlay to set away from the original badge on the wheel and that wouldn't look right. I'm guessing because the overlays could be used on any KIA car, that it's for a different application, but figure it couldn't hurt to ask. And I apologize if I should have posted this elsewhere...I would have thought the "how to" discussion area would have been better, but it says I don't have sufficient privileges. Yes, I'm a noob...this is my first post! Take it easy on me?! ;-)
Thanx in advance!

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Welcome Vern. You are correct as there is no need to use the additional pad. I've had overlays for nearly 3 years without issue. Make sure you thoroughly clean the surface (suggest IPA) and press hard around edges.

vern

Newish Member
Welcome Vern. You are correct as there is no need to use the additional pad. I've had overlays for nearly 3 years without issue. Make sure you thoroughly clean the surface (suggest IPA) and press hard around edges.
Thank you for the quick reply...that is what I figured and thank you for the tip! I'm on my rebadge mission tomorrow!

87and66

Stinger Enthusiast
Pittsburgh, PA
a small piece of advice, use a heat gun or hair dryer to get the edges to lay down permanently