Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

In the market for a stinger!

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Abaloz, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Abaloz

Abaloz United States Member

Been lurking the forums and have been learning everyone’s stories on how they went about purchasing their stingers. I have been a Korean buyer for sometime now and have been owning only Hyundai’s, and My current car is a lemon, I’m going to get rid of it soon and have been testing numerous cars from all makers, Japanese, German luxury you name it. I tested a Stinger(2.0 and the V6) blew me away! I don’t know how to go about purchasing it, buying one or leasing one. I prolly have the budget for a get base. I see a lot of people lease it and then buy it out the next month. I don’t know if it’s a loophole. But can someone explain how that works for me? And in super simple terms lol, I’m not good with understanding car finances

• Like Like x 1
  2. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

The simple way to get a fair price it to use TrueCar. You specify the car and the options. They send your request to several dealer and you get a Price Guarantee certificate from the dealers. It is that simple. My GT2 AWD had a sticker price of $52,870. Ended up getting it for $47,000 plus tax and title and 0.9% financing from KIA.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Basically you'd lease a car with an MSRP of $40k. Kia would give you $6k in discounts for leasing. You then have your bank buy out the remaining $34k and instead of having a monthly note on a $40k lease you'd have one for a $34k loan.

*All dollar amounts are random just to give you a general idea of how it works.

4. Abaloz

Will look into thanks

5. Abaloz

Wait it’s that simple? No way. Good to know thank you

6. Ruturaj

Ruturaj India Active Member

Taxes might be a little tricky but you will still get a better price on lease buyout. If Kia offers balloon financing in your state (just ask the dealer if they offer it) then go for that instead (same as lease then buyout). Florida State needs a dealer to the be mediator on a buyout.

7. Abaloz

So I just got my kia stinger gt1 rwd red color with drive wise!
    Msrp: $46000
    August incentive: $6600
    Dealer discount: $3400
    Out the door: $36000!!!!
    Of course I’m doing a lease buyout

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted