kia stinger store

Improve your dealerships, HMG

shoengine

The synopsis of this ranking is that Kia is almost bottom of the barrel as far as dealership experience goes. Hyundai is one spot above it. Genesis, the brand that I've seen other folks post on here being something that Kia should aspire to, while being ranked quite a bit higher than the aforementioned two, is last place among luxury brands.

I get that these are still basically budget automobiles, but is this really where the HMG brands should be expected to be?

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
The last time I was at the local kia dealership. A bunch of salesdroids were chatting but no one approached or asked if I had any questions.

This dealership is on a weird corner and is rather ghetto inside. IMO, the experience starts with the outside, having adequate parking, etc. If I ever have to have the car serviced, this is the last place I'd go to.

1641665488307.png

1641665574432.png

Yes, that's their whole parking lot. In the back is service. There's a hyundai shop across the street too, but both are under the same ownership, leader automotive, which is not all peaches and roses. I tried working a deal at one of their hyundai stores before the stinger. They wanted thousands over msrp. Seemed very shyster like, i walked out.

Anyways, question how many google reviews are from real customers.... Or perhaps they see the wrong demographic when I walk in.

Googled the dealership I got mine from. Their rankings are even lower. My experience wasn't terrible, but wasn't 100% either, probably 85%. No issues with my salesman but the salesmgr was a bit of a h@rdass and finance guy tried hard to pad the sale.

So yes, HMG has a ways to go to improve their dealership experience. ymmv Be prepared. I walked out of 5 or 6 dealerships because we couldn't agree on a deal.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
What is an Audi doing parked in a Kia service center?

I've seen these ratings already. And I just like to point out the fact that somebody has to finish dead last. If you raised all of them by 188 points so that GMC scored a perfect 1,000, Kia would then have a score of 944, and would still be one up from dead last. The point is also, that 756 out of 1,000 isn't bad. It translates into roughly three out of four Kia customers being satisfied. The percentage difference between top dog GMC and bottom ranker Chrysler is only 5.7%.

shoengine

What is an Audi doing parked in a Kia service center?

I've seen these ratings already. And I just like to point out the fact that somebody has to finish dead last. If you raised all of them by 188 points so that GMC scored a perfect 1,000, Kia would then have a score of 944, and would still be one up from dead last. The point is also, that 756 out of 1,000 isn't bad. It translates into roughly three out of four Kia customers being satisfied. The percentage difference between top dog GMC and bottom ranker Chrysler is only 5.7%.
So your assumption is these metrics don't matter?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
So your assumption is these metrics don't matter?
Taken as a comparison, a 5.7% difference doesn't matter to me. Dead last is dead last, but what does that mean? If it meant that GMC pleased five out of six customers but Kia pleased one out of six customers, that would be a huge difference: but Kia pleasing three-fourths and GMC pleasing four-fifths doesn't look nearly as bad of a difference. I would take these numbers and expect to find a decent Kia dealership/service center c. three out of four times. And the odds for a GMC customer are only a little better.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
I've had poor experiences with dealers of varying target-buyer demographics. The dealer/management sets the tone for their team.

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Taken as a comparison, a 5.7% difference doesn't matter to me. Dead last is dead last, but what does that mean? If it meant that GMC pleased five out of six customers but Kia pleased one out of six customers, that would be a huge difference: but Kia pleasing three-fourths and GMC pleasing four-fifths doesn't look nearly as bad of a difference. I would take these numbers and expect to find a decent Kia dealership/service center c. three out of four times. And the odds for a GMC customer are only a little better.
I can appreciate, and share your perspective.

shoengine

I went searching for the rankings due to the constant complaining about Kia dealership experiences, and this seems to corroborate the anecdotes on the board.

To be honest my dealer has been pretty good. The sales side was my only complaint, service has been pretty good, aside from them breaking my Bluetooth integration on my Optima and never being able to fix it.

shoengine

This sounds interesting,,, care to share?
Certainly. A few months after I bought my '15 Optima I brought it in for an oil change. They had a TSB to do with the radio and when I got it back, the voice controls were broken if I had a phone paired to it. What would happen is normally when you press the voice button, it would chime and you could speak simple commands. If it was successful it would chime the "off" sound. If I had a phone paired to BT the exit chime would play instantly. If I unpaired the phone it would work normally. I always had my phone paired, so it was essentially useless.

I brought it in twice for them to look at it, but they said they couldn't reproduce. I tried several different phones over the five years I had it, including a couple of Blackberrys on BB10, an Android BB and a few Samsungs. Maybe it worked with an iPhone and all they had were iPhones? Anyway, I gave up eventually and just lived without it. To be honest, the voice controls were not all that awesome on a base Optima anyway.

Aside from that though, the service department as been pretty good. I have not had that much in the way of abnormal needs from them though. Things may have gone sideways if I had warranty issues.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Certainly. A few months after I bought my '15 Optima I brought it in for an oil change. They had a TSB to do with the radio and when I got it back, the voice controls were broken if I had a phone paired to it. What would happen is normally when you press the voice button, it would chime and you could speak simple commands. If it was successful it would chime the "off" sound. If I had a phone paired to BT the exit chime would play instantly. If I unpaired the phone it would work normally. I always had my phone paired, so it was essentially useless.

I brought it in twice for them to look at it, but they said they couldn't reproduce. I tried several different phones over the five years I had it, including a couple of Blackberrys on BB10, an Android BB and a few Samsungs. Maybe it worked with an iPhone and all they had were iPhones? Anyway, I gave up eventually and just lived without it. To be honest, the voice controls were not all that awesome on a base Optima anyway.

Aside from that though, the service department as been pretty good. I have not had that much in the way of abnormal needs from them though. Things may have gone sideways if I had warranty issues.
It really sucks when things that should work, (and seem simple) just don't work.

I am thankful my Stinger software/Bluetooth setup work fairly flawlessly, for now!

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
It is possible to bring it in for a service and not have them update. Let the service writer know and also print out a page in big bold letters to not update any ecu/tcm software. If you're able to speak to the tech before they touch the car, let them know then as well.