kia stinger store

If Kia wants to move the brand upmarket they have to FIX THE DEALERS!!!!!!!!!!

wooger

Newish Member
When I bought my 2020 Stinger GT1 AWD I was told I would have a loaner available when my car needed service. At 5 months in I developed a problem with the USB Port in the console working intermittently--- this has disabled my Android Car Play and the ability to play music from the USB Port. The dealer wouldn't order parts as he could not repeat the problem. I waited 2 incredibly boring hours in the dealer lounge while some kids watched cartoons, and I swore I would never do that again. I have been waiting for the use of a loaner now since November and still none available. My dealer, Executive Kia in Wallingford, CT is all promises that I am next in line to get a service loaner, he has kept me hanging since then, ------ but still hasn't made good on it. Since I still have the problem I call the service dept every week or so to check, again more promises. What is the warrantee worth if you cant get service on it, without having to rent a care out of pocket?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
How often does this USB port cut out problem occur? And you've been dealing with it since November, because you insist on a loaner?! A loaner is not part of the warranty; it is dealer-specific. Another thing that Kia Corp. has done is reimburse car rental expenses; but that is not a ubiquitous behavior pattern either.

wooger

Newish Member
Don't get me wrong I love my car!!!!!!!!!! Every few days it cuts out for a while, then mysteriously starts working again. Sometimes when the stereo is off it comes on by itself too and plays from the USB Port. Look I know a loaner is not part of the warrantee and is up to the dealers, but the dealers should be held to certain standards by Kia and they should be required to have an adequate supply of loaner cars available for customers.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
My Bluetooth quit working in my Audi. I've been putting off making an appointment because I've driven less than 100 miles in the last month AND the two Audi dealers closest to me have HORRIBLE waiting rooms for the service dept. They also don't guarantee loaners, although I guess they'd find you one if you push.

My point being, even an "upmarket" dealership can have disappointing service and amenities.

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
My dealer is terrible here in Canada too when it comes to amenities. The "lounge" is a total joke and they dont even offer shuttle service since Covid began, you can get a 1-way cab fare. Yes you heard that right 1-way, I actually laughed when they first told me, I thought they were kidding. It makes me really miss the dealership experience when I had my Acura.

BTA

Dealers are accustom to fixing low end non enthusiasts cars. They dont realize that folks that buy the Stinger do really care about their cars. And they know their cars. We dont accept the " was like not when it came in" stuff.
For the low end cars most the owners treat them like just an appliance, sorta like toaster. My son is that way.
The dealer needs to step up and treat the car and the customer as the price point dictates. IMHO

GT2Goods

Long Island, NY
Haven't had much luck getting loaners when I had optimas. I remember getting a base 13' forte and thought it was garbage compared to what I had. All the other times they had none available apparently.
Consider yourself lucky bc that's what they'll probably give you, a base Forte or used soccer mom Carnival minivan not cleaned
LMAO

Chark

I had my Optima's engine replaced under the Settlement Program. The dealership had it for about 6 weeks. I was supposed to have a loaner vehicle, but the dealership had already lent them out to other customers ahead of me. Rental car companies had little inventory because they sold 30% of their vehicles to cover the costs of the shutdown. That drove the daily rental prices well beyond the rate that Kia would have reimbursed me. It helped that my wife was working from home. We made do by borrowing a vehicle for local trips only. There is a shortage of available loaner vehicles that may be at play instead of just a poor dealership.

JamesNoBrakes

North
So lemon laws vary by states, but they are usually pretty similar. It's usually something like the dealer gets two chances to fix it and then on the last chance if they can't fix it in x amount of days, they have to buy the car back. You basically "invoke" the law. You need to look it up for your state. I had an issue with my Camaro when my plugs had gotten fouled (which is what the end result was). For a while they jerked me around, saying it was because I let the car sit for 3 years (I had only owned it for one year at that time), or that I had been using "not top tier gas" I said I could show them the receipts from costco. They threw some other crazy stuff in there about the fuel that made no sense, like it went bad in a week. Like if you really don't know why something is wrong, fine, let's see if we can get it fixed, but don't make up obviously made-up shit and don't blame me for ridiculous things that aren't true. So I sent them a letter, one certified mail, one regular mail. That means someone has to sign for the certified letter and even if they refuse, if the regular letter doesn't come back, you can presume they were served. After a certain point, you have to cut off all phone conversations, because they aren't recorded and documented. They can deny you ever talked to them, but they can't deny they got a letter in the above conditions. I had my various items of proof where I addressed all of their claims and at the end said, you get one last chance to fix it, or I'm invoking the rule, based on the information provided. My car was detailed and waiting 3 days later. I'm not a lawyer, but in my job I work with them and build cases. IME, everyone should learn how to make official correspondence in college, because situations like this have happened more than once now, including to family members that I've helped out.

The overall take-away that I've learned in life is that when you know you are in the right and the other business party is jerking you around, it's time to stop calling and asking them to do the right thing, it's time to start sending letters. Any competent lawyer will usually tell the business to take care of it, rather than get creamed in court. A lot of the situations where this applies could be handled in small claims court, like the time the windshield installer put a big scratch in the middle of my BMW's $1500 cluster. They weren't in any big hurry to help me out...till I started sending them correspondence.

wooger

Newish Member
I tried replacing the cable, I tried another USB stick all the same results. It's an intermittent short that comes and goes. The weirdest thing is that sometimes when the stick is plugged in and the stereo is off it will turn itself on suddenly making my wife jump. I saw other posts on the site that at least 2 other people had the same problem.

Spaceme17

It just seems like a no-brained for any dealership to provide a loaner car if they have to keep yours for service especially if you are under warrantee.

AubieTigers

Newish Member
Don't get me wrong I love my car!!!!!!!!!! Every few days it cuts out for a while, then mysteriously starts working again. Sometimes when the stereo is off it comes on by itself too and plays from the USB Port. Look I know a loaner is not part of the warrantee and is up to the dealers, but the dealers should be held to certain standards by Kia and they should be required to have an adequate supply of loaner cars available for customers.
Have you tried different USB cables? My telluride would do this and replacing the cable with a new one always helped. Not sure why, but kia's seem to not like any cable that is not virtually perfect. As you use it it slowly wears the connector and kias don't like them soon after.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
The loaner car thing has spoiled us rotten. Anytime I took the BMW in for service if it needed to stay longer than a few hours, I was offered a loaner. That never happened at the Chevrolet dealership, and thank goodness I never needed to take the Kia in for service. Not everyone has the luxury of having multiple vehicles to drive during downtime. I would like to know about the availability of a loaner or length of time to serve before taking my car into the shop. On the flip side, I also understand a dealership not wanting to have a fleet of 20 loaner cars and the subjective nature of who should get them.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I was always offered a loaner whenever I bring my Audi and BMW for service.