Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0T Idle Stop and Go - Amber Light

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Chyoon, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Chyoon

Chyoon United States Member

I recently installed the NGM Short Ram Intake with an Injen filter, but now I'm noticing that the idle stop and go feature is not working.

Whenever it's supposed to be activated, an amber colored sign comes up vs green when it's working properly. And the idle stop and go off button randomly comes on, and switching it off does not do anything.

I'm wondering if unplugging the negative battery harnassed caused something, or if this has to do with any sensor connected to the intake.

Any help will be appreciated!

2. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Chyoon

Thank you.

I actually did take a good read, but could not quite follow. I'm sort of new to the modding world. But let me take another closer read!

4. mandasol

mandasol United States Member

It shouldn't have anything to do with disconnecting the negative battery terminal as I've done it several times installing mods and no problems.

Looking at the referenced thread it looks like it's a sensor issue with insufficient pressure if one of the hoses are not fitted correctly, possibly if the wrong size is used or clamps are not tight.

I have the K&N intake installed and have no issues with auto idle engine stop and go. With my kit it still used the original hoses to connect to the engine and they were very difficult to install on the K&N fittings but I made sure they were on securely and all the clamps tight. Make sure that you used all the original hoses (where applicable) and that they are seated all the way down and that all hoses are clamped down. Would be a good idea to disconnect the battery while doing this as well.

5. Chyoon

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I did use all the original parts and ensured I put everything back together nice and tight all the way.

I'm thinking I need to loosen a part by pulling out the hose from the barb a bit (in order to lower the pressure).

I also noticed that one of the hose is bending a bit too much as to increase the pressure... Maybe I can cut the hose a bit at the end allow for better fitting.

Looks like I got some work to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted