Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0T Idle Stop and Go - Amber Light

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Chyoon, Oct 10, 2018.

  1. Chyoon

    Chyoon United States Member

    49
    4
    8
    I recently installed the NGM Short Ram Intake with an Injen filter, but now I'm noticing that the idle stop and go feature is not working.

    Whenever it's supposed to be activated, an amber colored sign comes up vs green when it's working properly. And the idle stop and go off button randomly comes on, and switching it off does not do anything.

    I'm wondering if unplugging the negative battery harnassed caused something, or if this has to do with any sensor connected to the intake.

    Any help will be appreciated!
     
  2. Schpok

    Schpok Germany Active Member

    148
    116
    43
    Location:
    Noth Germany
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Chyoon

    Chyoon United States Member

    49
    4
    8
    Thank you.

    I actually did take a good read, but could not quite follow. I'm sort of new to the modding world. But let me take another closer read!
     
  4. mandasol

    mandasol United States Member

    82
    77
    18
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    It shouldn't have anything to do with disconnecting the negative battery terminal as I've done it several times installing mods and no problems.

    Looking at the referenced thread it looks like it's a sensor issue with insufficient pressure if one of the hoses are not fitted correctly, possibly if the wrong size is used or clamps are not tight.

    I have the K&N intake installed and have no issues with auto idle engine stop and go. With my kit it still used the original hoses to connect to the engine and they were very difficult to install on the K&N fittings but I made sure they were on securely and all the clamps tight. Make sure that you used all the original hoses (where applicable) and that they are seated all the way down and that all hoses are clamped down. Would be a good idea to disconnect the battery while doing this as well.
     
  5. Chyoon

    Chyoon United States Member

    49
    4
    8
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

    I did use all the original parts and ensured I put everything back together nice and tight all the way.

    I'm thinking I need to loosen a part by pulling out the hose from the barb a bit (in order to lower the pressure).

    I also noticed that one of the hose is bending a bit too much as to increase the pressure... Maybe I can cut the hose a bit at the end allow for better fitting.

    Looks like I got some work to do.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.