kia stinger store

I Miss a Manual Transmission

cwatt79

Guys,
I'm having withdrawals from a manual transmission. I'm craving a stick shift. It's a real struggle. (I came from a Mustang GT 6MT)

I absolutely love the Stinger. If it had a manual, it would literally be the perfect car. And it has truly spoiled me, because I can't find the perfect car anymore.

Of the options for modern manual-transmission cars:
G70 is too small.
Mustang is too impractical.
Camaro is too ugly.
Challenger is too old.
Accord Sport is too ordinary.
Civic Type R is too boy-racer.
Civic Sport Touring is too slow.
Civic Si is too basic.
Mini Clubman is too weird.
Jetta/Golf are too boring.
2 Series is too small.

All I want is a Stinger with a manual. If I trade the Stinger for any of the above cars, I know I will miss it. I just don't know if I would miss it more or less than I am currently missing a manual transmission...

narsnail

London, ON
Wait for the 2022 Civic Type-R, the 2022 Civic looks a lot classier than the previous gen IMO and I feel the Type-R will follow suit.

cwatt79

Sounds like you need a second "fun car" to scratch that itch...
I know!! Problem is I already have a second vehicle.. an old truck for Lowe's runs and to get me to hiking/biking trail heads.. Between that and the SO's car, I don't have space for a fourth at the house, nor do I want to pay for/maintain/insure a third vehicle..

cwatt79

Wait for the 2022 Civic Type-R, the 2022 Civic looks a lot classier than the previous gen IMO and I feel the Type-R will follow suit.
That's an excellent point. The new Civic does have a much more "mature" design.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I know!! Problem is I already have a second vehicle.. an old truck for Lowe's runs and to get me to hiking/biking trail heads.. Between that and the SO's car, I don't have space for a fourth at the house, nor do I want to pay for/maintain/insure a third vehicle..
Loose the truck, and get a small trailer... the hitch goes on the SO's car lol

clemson85

South Carolina
In 2017 Chevrolet had the sedan called the SS. It had a manual. That is the only sedan that I can think of with a manual that is similar in size dimensions to the Stinger. It was similar to the Pontiac G8 of which I owned for 10 years before buying my Stinger. Save the Manuals!

87and66

Pittsburgh, PA
the next gen WRX STi could be an option if they improve the interior. That's what kept me away from it. The current gen interiors are so cheap looking. Less cargo room than the stinger though, as it is a compact

adam1991

There is no way in a rational world that Honda will not give that same car to Acura to dress up in adult clothing. That's one thing that's keeping me from buying anything today.

On top of that, it would also have a dual clutch transmission. And a DCT (specifically VW's DSG or else Porsche's PDK) is the perfect transmission, by far.

narsnail

London, ON
There is no way in a rational world that Honda will not give that same car to Acura to dress up in adult clothing. That's one thing that's keeping me from buying anything today.

On top of that, it would also have a dual clutch transmission. And a DCT (specifically VW's DSG or else Porsche's PDK) is the perfect transmission, by far.
RSX comeback? That would be awesome.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Guys,
I'm having withdrawals from a manual transmission. I'm craving a stick shift. It's a real struggle. (I came from a Mustang GT 6MT)

I absolutely love the Stinger. If it had a manual, it would literally be the perfect car. And it has truly spoiled me, because I can't find the perfect car anymore.

Of the options for modern manual-transmission cars:
G70 is too small.
Mustang is too impractical.
Camaro is too ugly.
Challenger is too old.
Accord Sport is too ordinary.
Civic Type R is too boy-racer.
Civic Sport Touring is too slow.
Civic Si is too basic.
Mini Clubman is too weird.
Jetta/Golf are too boring.
2 Series is too small.

All I want is a Stinger with a manual. If I trade the Stinger for any of the above cars, I know I will miss it. I just don't know if I would miss it more or less than I am currently missing a manual transmission...

370Z

I miss manual as well. But not enough to get rid of this beauty.
Just get rid of the SO's car. They can drive the stinger (and you can when you want it), keep the truck, and get a manual 'fun car'.
That's how we are going to do it. I just have to convince the husband to purchase the fun car... working on it.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
maybe the 400Z when it comes out. The 370Z interior looks like its from 2002. It's worse than the STi I was complain about :rofl: FAR worse
lol yes... I was thinking a used one would be affordable, and it's only a part time car... so the time machine interior wouldn't be so bad.

CKeeler

Stinger Enthusiast
Quail Valley, CA
I miss it too. I completely agree that the Stinger would be perfect if offered with a manual transmission in GT trim.

I’m trying to talk my wife into the new 4 door Bronco, and if we do get one it’ll be the 4 cylinder with the manual transmission. No exceptions