kia stinger store

I got the Scorpion Edition ;)

TJilla

Newish Member
Took my 2022 GT2 to the dealership this weekend for it's first oil change and to get my stock wheels put back on....and I walked out with the Scorpion Edition

#CouldntHelpIt

Attachments

• 20211009_155107.jpg
    20211009_155107.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 20211009_154908.jpg
    20211009_154908.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20211009_155037.jpg
    20211009_155037.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20211008_114554.jpg
    20211008_114554.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210814_141827.jpg
    20210814_141827.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210814_141806.jpg
    20210814_141806.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 115

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I need to get my oil changed then…

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

TJilla

Newish Member
Haha you didn't even make it to your first oil change before trading? I will say the scorpion edition spoiler looks good in black but yeah I had a black car once and never again.
Even crazier: got the oil change, got the stock wheels put back on, and then decided I'm taking the Scorpion home. And of course, getting a refund on the service work was part of my deal.

Digitalthug

Congrats! Lol that's one hell of an oil change!

Speaking of scorpion edition - black on black is sexy, but I test drove a ceramic silver scorpion with red interior. A winning combo for sure...the black of the scorpion parts really brings out the ceramic silver. Funny because ceramic was originally at the bottom of my list.

Two things irk me about the scorpion edition though. You're paying $1300 and not even getting the original wheels, right? If you itemized that package, the wheel are probably $1000. I could buy some aftermarket wheels and now have 2 sets of wheels, or sell the original and make my money back. Also, the spoiler cuts into the visibility of the rear window which is already poor. But it is sexy, can't deny that.

Side question - were you able to get a discount on the car? The dealer I test drove with wanted $4k markup, totaling $66k OTD. I laughed in his face and walked out. How are they going to mark up the Stinger which is already on the bottom of Kia's sales by almost double of the next worse model - the Niro. There's a reason it's being discontinued...if they didn't sell well before this f&*%ed market, what makes these delusional dealers think they will sell at an even higher price!? Guess they missed economics 101...

Last edited:
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

congratulations!
im jelly, i really wanted one, i think the black scorpion is awesome, but i also owned a black car before in utah...., not sure i could trade for my red interior though.
the ultimate for me would be a ceramic silver scorpion with red interior.

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Hey TJilla,

Welcome to the Stinger forum and congrats on the upgrade!

The Scorpion package looks fantastic and with the new features, it's a worthwhile change.

If you are looking for some more upgrades and have not yet seen our store come and check us out.

We have tons of options for your 2022 Kia Scorpion available at our website at www.K8StingerStore.com.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any questions, need suggestions, or a discount on your order!

Enjoy the new ride,
Daniel @ the K8 Stinger Store

TJilla

Newish Member
Hey TJilla,

Welcome to the Stinger forum and congrats on the upgrade!

The Scorpion package looks fantastic and with the new features, it's a worthwhile change.

If you are looking for some more upgrades and have not yet seen our store come and check us out.

We have tons of options for your 2022 Kia Scorpion available at our website at www.K8StingerStore.com.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any questions, need suggestions, or a discount on your order!

Enjoy the new ride,
Daniel @ the K8 Stinger Store
Just got the carbon fiber paddle shifters and license plate holders from you all in the mail this weekend ;) They look great!

Eothain

Newish Member

Speaking of scorpion edition - black on black is sexy, but I test drove a ceramic silver scorpion with red interior. A winning combo for sure...the black of the scorpion parts really brings out the ceramic silver. Funny because ceramic was originally at the bottom of my list.

Two things irk me about the scorpion edition though. You're paying $1300 and not even getting the original wheels, right? If you itemized that package, the wheel are probably $1000. I could buy some aftermarket wheels and now have 2 sets of wheels, or sell the original and make my money back. Also, the spoiler cuts into the visibility of the rear window which is already poor. But it is sexy, can't deny that.

Side question - were you able to get a discount on the car? The dealer I test drove with wanted $4k markup, totaling $66k OTD. I laughed in his face and walked out. How are they going to mark up the Stinger which is already on the bottom of Kia's sales by almost double of the next worse model - the Niro. There's a reason it's being discontinued...if they didn't sell well before this f&*%ed market, what makes these delusional dealers think they will sell at an even higher price!? Guess they missed economics 101...
Where was this? Currently in the market and sorting through options. Thanks.

n8hegr8

Took my 2022 GT2 to the dealership this weekend for it's first oil change and to get my stock wheels put back on....and I walked out with the Scorpion Edition

#CouldntHelpIt
ive got a service appt tomorrow morning to fix a lot of weird problems. maybe by some miracle ill walk out of there with a new stinger.:D

n8hegr8

#CouldntHelpIt
its funny, because ive actually done this before with other cars. went in for an oil change, leave with a new car.

Paul32

Stinger Enthusiast
Central Florida

I leased a Ceramic Silver Scorpion at MSRP, no mark up. Never thought I would pay MSRP and think I got a good deal. I'm loving it. Sold my 2018 red Stinger GT1 to my son, 33k miles on it.

TJilla

Newish Member
I leased a Ceramic Silver Scorpion at MSRP, no mark up. Never thought I would pay MSRP and think I got a good deal. I'm loving it. Sold my 2018 red Stinger GT1 to my son, 33k miles on it.
That's awesome! Yea, there was a mark up on mine, but the whole conversation started out as a total joke. I bought the CS GT2 from the same dealership back in May. It was their very first GT2. So as I was waiting on my oil change and drooling over this Scorpion, I asked the sales lady how much they would give for my GT2 w/ 4000 miles. In less than 24 hours, we had a deal. They gave me $3K over pay off (cash in hand equity), $1500 rebate and took another $1500 off of MSRP. Told them, I'll see you guys by lunch time ;)

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!