Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

I can’t believe these ?!@&$&$&!&@ rednecks and their truck. Yes. A rant!

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Last Lemming Alive, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Last Lemming Alive

Last Lemming Alive United States Member

i was hit on my front bumper a month ago. I got the car back two weeks ago all nice and fixed. Walked out to the parking lot today (btw defensively parked) and some moron and his hillbilly redneck truck with his hillbilly redneck tow hitch left a big fat paint ripped hole in my bumper! No note, no camera, just a big FU! This car only has 2500 miles!

Yeah, I’m $&”@!?& mad.

Rant over.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Manaz

Manaz United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

3. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

People suck, I hate this, similar thing happened to my wife’s car last year cost us $1000 in excess.
    I’m sorry for your damage & I understand your anger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Last Lemming Alive

What drives me nuts is these tow hitches come out, you don’t have to drive around with a foot of steel protruding out the back of vehicle, not to mention whoever hit me reversed into me! The blatant irresponsible nature of people like this just drives me nuts. It’s bad enough they park these over size land masses in parking lots with hardly any space left between the parking stripes, they then try to do this by backing in without being able to see their manhood compensating steel attachment ramming other peoples cars.

Ok. Maybe my rant wasn’t over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I knew that. Keep going. You're not through yet. There's "defensively parked" and then there's doing the same in the "north forty". Really, I not only look for a spot on the right end, but one far afield. Look for large, mostly empty parking lots. Better luck from now on! You need it!

6. Last Lemming Alive

Not only did I park out at the outer end of the lot away from everyone, I parked at the end of a stall and opposite me (in front of me) was a striped off for no parking! So yes the a-hole hit me by parking in a no parking spot!

7. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Sorry bruh.

Get a 2 channel dash cam wired to be on so parking mode will work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

I think you were targeted. What you describe sounds deliberate.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Last Lemming Alive

I reread what I typed, I know it sounds deliberate, but when I parked the parking lot was generally empty when I came back it was practically completely full, that’s why I don’t think it was deliberate, but who knows. I think the parking lot got full and some borderline mental midget tried to park in a spot he knew he shouldn’t park in, backed in and hit me, realized he shouldn’t be there, and jetted out - typical Louisiana truck driving moron.

Man, I’m really pissed . . . Maybe I need to calm down.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rob M

Rob M United States Active Member

A too frequent poster in a jag f-pace forum was providing a humorous service of providing feedback on whether or not other's f-paces were parked safely. One day his wife parked in an 'approved' spot with the driver side close to curb with protection from adjacent island, and wide berth on passenger side. Well, an elderly woman backed out of a spot somewhere nearby, hit accelerator, lost control, hopped up over island, and did $1X,XXX in damage to the poor jag.

11. MerlintheMad

Oo! That sounds like a description of me! Advice I give, frequently, on "how to park safely". Maybe I'd better back off! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada Stinger Enthusiast

People who drive with tow hooks installed all over the place and no trailer connected to it.

I've been tempted to take them off the truck, throw them high into the air to eventually land in their (hopefully unprotected) truck box. Or, the back window.

TAKE THE DAMN THINGS OFF YOU LAZY JERKS.

13. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

14. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

@Last Lemming Alive , I feel for you. A similar thing happened to a friend, had the Ford ute for a short time and two people have hit it.She is convinced it has an invisible target sign on it.
    We are all ears ( well eyes actually ) get it out of your system, rant as long as it takes because it's such a :poop: thing to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Last Lemming Alive

Thanks y’all.

It’s not the damage, per se, that agitates me, it’s people not taking responsibility for what they did and the whole hassle of the situation dealing with the insurance, rental cars, and the squawky hipster interns drinking out of stupid mason jars at work saying it’s “karma” that really grinds at me.

Yeah, I’m a gen X’er. Sue me.

16. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

Dash cam FTW..

17. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Active Member

Feel for you Last Lemming Alive. I had a previous car that was hit and damaged in a car park with no note being left. I was livid. I can imagine what that would feel like if it was my Stinger. Agree totally about removing the hitches. Sometimes even when you take the most caution in where you park, the meat heads can still find ways of ruining your day. Just damn bad luck.

18. Having owned a vehicle that was used for towing, I'm guilty of leaving the hitch on deliberately. People don't tailgate you when there's a foot of steel poking out your butt. :)

Having said that, I was always extremely conscientious of where and how I parked so as to not do the exact thing you have experienced here. I'm sorry you got screwed over by stupid poeple, man. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Sorry to hear that OP.
    Nowadays people don't have respect for others property.
    Get a 2 channel dash cam, it will save you lots of headaches.

20. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

Glad you spoke up first. I have an '03 F150 and '15 Sorento, tow frequently with both, leave hitch in often if I'm going to be using it again soon.

In 16 years, I've managed not to poke it thru anyones bumper. Guess I'm still a redneck, though..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted