Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How to save THOUSANDS on your Kia Stinger - AND get ALL the features available in Canada!

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Kia Stinger, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

And so the journey continues... As per this:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kosh

Kosh United States Member

can u do this with a leasE?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrSting

MrSting United States Member

I don't believe so, no!

4. thethunderbird

thethunderbird United States Newish Member

How much did the importer cost?

5. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

When the exchange favoured bringing cars into the Canada from the US, as long as the all the safety features satisfied the gov't, you could just drive it across and pay sales tax when you registered it. It's a NAFTA rule. If the car is not built in North America then there was an additional excise tax of about 6% IIRC. It would work the same both ways I'm sure but you should be able to research and decide if it's worth it. Some manufacturers honored warranty and some did not, so check that too.

6. thethunderbird

You are right, but there is definitely an import process which @MrSting mentioned in the original thread using an importer for. You need to at the least fill out some forms and get a letter from the manufacturer stating that the cars in both markets are the same for safety purposes. I'm just wondering how much the importer cost for their services because that's not something I want to dick around with myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrSting

MrSting United States Member

If I recall corrrctly, my importer cost around $1,500 or so, but that also included all import duty, transporting the car from Canada to the US, and the DOT compliance inspection. All-in-all, quite reasonable, if you ask me.

8. thethunderbird

That is very reasonable. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US so I am strongly leaning toward going this route.

9. Greg K

Greg K United States New Member

10. Greg K

Greg K United States New Member

How much did you pay in US dollars and which trim level did you get? Thx

• Useful Useful x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted