How To Adjust Headlight Beam Height

ldusseau

Your headlamps have left-right "swivel" adjustment as well as "up/down" pitch.
I would not recommend adjusting the left right swivel. This is set at the factory, changing this will adversely affect the beam pattern on the road.

garbster

After installing my springs my headlights were aimed lower. This has been an easy fix on other cars I’ve owned but the Stinger is slightly different.

First the headlight adjustment is behind the headlight on each side under where the fender and hood meet.

Generally there is a screw to adjust the height, and this hole that’s circled has a marking saying U<—>D, seems like a logical place.

The other hole says L<—>R but there is nothing in the hole. I’ve never had a reason to adjust a headlight left to right though.

I have the K&N intake and I just had to unbolt the heat shield and remove the filter to get to the adjustment. The stock system should be easy as well as you would just need to remove the air filter box which I think is just 3 bolts and a hose clamp.

View attachment 7459

This is what is down that hole. Glad I just purchased an WiFi endescope to get this picture. Obviously that’s not a screw.
View attachment 7458

Luckily on the back side of this “gear” is a 12mm nut. It’s marked by the arrow in the top picture.
View attachment 7460

Park the car in front of a wall/garage door and turn on the lights, mark your starting location with something. I like to use painters tape.

Rotate the nut using a crescent wrench (ratcheting makes this much easier) and see which way the beam moves. If it goes up, keep going. If it goes down, go the other direction. It’s a tight fit so you’ll only get maybe 1/10 a rotation before hitting the frame and it’s a fine adjustment so the 1” I moved the beam took 1 - 1 1/2 rotations of the nut.
View attachment 7457
Thank you so much for posting this … I’ve rarely lifted up the car bonnet (as we say in the U.K.)… but I managed to do it exactly as posted.

Turn the nut anti clockwise to higher the lights

Thanks again

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

garbster

Thank you so much for posting this … I’ve rarely lifted up the car bonnet (as we say in the U.K.)… but I managed to do it exactly as posted.

Turn the nut anti clockwise to higher the lights

Thanks again
For the U.K… I would suggest raising 2-3 inches at 10ft - everyone keeps flashing me (and it isn’t because the love the car)

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kando

Take out air boxes three bolts. Take off tube. You will see bolt head. I think 12 mm go counter clockwise to raise. Put tape on wall wait until dark. I went up about ten inches above tape put it back to normal before springs
Hi Mate, do remember how far off the wall your car was?

ldusseau

Does this adjustment move low beam as well as high beam ?
It should. HB and LB are part of the same projector. There's a shield that forms the LB cut-off that flips out of the way when the HBs are activated