Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How much off for 1,500 mile demo unit?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by nhsjpeterson, Jul 26, 2018.

1. nhsjpeterson

nhsjpeterson United States Member

I was about to lease-to-buy a GT2 until I found out it already had 1,500 miles on it. All Stingers at this dealer are listed at $2,000 below MSRP, and because of the 1500 miles, they reduced this by another $2,000.

It would seem to me that a $2,000 discount for 1500 miles isn't enough. Agree or disagree?

2. BlaydeX15

BlaydeX15 United States Active Member

That's not unreasonable, though I'd be concerned with what kind of miles it has. Chances are you have some wiggle room though, I'd aim for 3k and have them change the oil before you take delivery.

Thing is still under warranty for 98,500 miles though, so you should be fine.

Technically, it shouldn't have issues. But if you're having a hard time getting past the 1500 miles mentally, go for a different one on the lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Have you driven it? How does it drive/feel? It being a demo, lord knows how it was driven. Personally, I would want more off the price and I would check the oil, it’s at the point where it should have at least 2 oil changes done already but you never know.

4. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

That's 1,500 not 15,000 miles.

5. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Sorry, my mistake. Still some folks that do test drives are hard on cars, as mentioned, make sure they do an oil change if you decide to get it.

6. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Here's one way to look at it. If you have a lease turn in with excessive miles they charge between $.20 to $.30 per mile. That would be $300 to $450 for the 1500 miles. Think this could be reasonable. I'm assuming you would still get all the rebates.

7. nhsjpeterson

nhsjpeterson United States Member

Late this afternoon, I got a much better offer from a different dealer, so it looks like I'll be getting one that wasn't used as a demo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

That will be better, I have been seeing 4k off on new ones lately.

Draft saved Draft deleted