Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How much $$ could you knock off MSRP???

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Tylor Pike, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Im getting my 2014 turbo Optima appraised professionally this thursday. With that, I'm going to finally look into getting a stinger. I'm aiming for a GT limited model..which in Canada is the top trim and has a MSRP of $49,995. So my question to the already lucky owners is, how much were you able to negotiate with your salesmen off the MSRP? I know its gona vary from province to province and dealer to dealer..but any info helps, Even from my neighbors down south in America. Id love to get some input on how far some dealers were willing to bend..It would be great to know if 2-3k off is a possibility (because thats what id like to aim for). Making a base price of roughly just under 47k + all fees and taxes. or if that amount is simply to much for them to lose.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 Stinger Enthusiast

I got my Stinger GT AWD with DriveWise for about $3,300 under MSRP. Pretty happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Thats a damn good deal for a car so new. That also equates to over 4k CAD. I'm just glad to know it isnt impossible to save that amount with proper negotiations. Thanks for the reply

4. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

I got my GT2 $3500 under MSRP and KBB for my trade in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JVsGT

JVsGT United States Member

I also got top dollar for my trade (KBB trade value for "excellent" condition) without haggling. I was able to negotiate $2603 off MSRP by presenting the quote from Edmunds.com in addition to the $6500 lease cash. Basically, over $9k off MSRP on a GT2 Stinger plus the tax savings due to a $31k trade in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Did somebody come and look at your car to appraise it? Or was it an online quote

7. JVsGT

JVsGT United States Member

I got an online quote while I was on the Edmunds website but I had also previously shopped around a couple of dealerships prior. The highest offer I had gotten was from CarMax for $30k and that was last year in November. Edmunds had my trade coming in right at $31k but again, for "Excellent" condition (which most dealerships won't even consider). Also, the vehicle had been in an accident last year with about $14k in repairs (no frame damage). Vehicle history report was still showing clean though. I had just received my Diminished Value claim check from the at fault party of $3500. The payoff on the vehicle was $32,200.

8. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

I wouldn't get too excited over what discounts the US are getting. Not comparable to Canada. I can tell you the dealer cost is just under $47K CDN. Best case scenario, you'd be able to negotiate a 3% markup on the cost. A more likely scenario, 5% markup. Then there will be $1560 for freight, $200 for colour, $100 on federal air conditioning excise tax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Timmle

Timmle Canada Newish Member

The best offer I got in Vancouver was $49,995 including freight/PDI, colour, dealer fees, etc.. so just PST/GST on top of that. This was for a cash purchase of a GT Limited. It was three days before month end so probably could have knocked some more off if I had the patience but I just couldn't wait another day to drive this thing :)

10. twig2121

twig2121 United States Member

I've been quoted Invoice ($41k) for a GT w/AWD and assistance package. Costco pricing seems to be invoice as well

Anyone getting below invoice? (not OTD pricing, this is before Taxes, etc)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  11. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 Stinger Enthusiast

I got the exact same package as you and I think that paint protection package and something else for $40200.

12. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

Invoice + 500 for dealer adds on my Sunset RWD GT2. With lease cash...$9351 below MSRP of $50,175. Total price to own including tax, title, fees, and financing for the buyout will be around $50K and change.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

The goal is 10% off sticker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

Quick answer, yes. In the USA people are getting invoice or slightly below invoice prices. Research pricing(Edmunds.com) and bring it with you to the dealer. The more "ammo" you have the easier it will be to get a fair deal. Good luck and hope you join our Stinger "HIVE"!

15. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

damn i would have thought the dealers made 8 to 10% on the stinger. 3 to 5%?thats a low profit margin.

16. Mach_Tuck

Feel free to pay their markup to pad the margin...:thumbdown:

17. TXGT2

TXGT2 United States Member

Got a trade-in estimate on my 2009 Maxima from CarMax and KBB prior to heading to dealership. Negotiated to the CarMax estimate, took advantage of the lease incentive and trade-in value. Minimized the MF impact as well. Ended up with a good deal, which includes a dealership lifetime warranty. Explored the possibility of price battle between two Kia dealerships, but decided against it because I’m not “that guy”. :cool: Best of luck with your purchase.

18. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

GT2@ AWD w/ keyless, etc.
    Sticker: $52,900
    Sale Price: $47,700
    Dealer fees and Tags:$900.00
    Total Price: $48,600.00
    Less Lease Cash: -$7,000.00
    Lease Buyout Fee: $ 450.00
    Actual pre-sales tax price: $42,150.00

That's how much a loaded Stinger should cost. Did that deal last Saturday in New Jersey.

19. Mach_Tuck

Agreed...my GT2 RWD Sunset Yellow was approx the same...deals can be had

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

Most brand new models do have markups for a while until the hype dies down. Unfortunately for Kia they didn’t have the immediate $50k+ market available so they are heavily incentivizing them to get them on the roads. This will, and already is creating more demand so that will change sooner than later. However Kia didn’t build this car for profit, they did it to make a better name for themselves so they can access the $50k+ market going forward. Kia dealers already make profit on volume sales from Optimas, Fortes etc. so no need to be concerned for the dealers.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted