Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Hi! This is Jackie Moody and I have that horrible rattle/loud noise in the back when I hit bumps

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Jackie moody, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie moody

Jackie moody United States New Member

I have that horrible noise in back when I hit bumps. Taken to one dealer and they told me they heard it but didn’t know how to repair it ‍♀️ Suggestions?

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Tell the dealer to look in their computer. There's a service bulletin that was sent down from Kia a year ago.

Actually, you might want to just take it to another dealer if you have one nearby.

Issue Number SA322 - Rattle Noise from Tailgate

You can try fixing it yourself and might have better results than what the dealership provides. Here's a video to explain how to fix it at home.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jackie moody

Jackie moody United States New Member

Thanks so so much !!

• Like Like x 1
  4. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Stinger Enthusiast

Also, make sure your spare tire is tightened down fully

• Like Like x 1
  5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

There are quite a few posts on several threads about this. Another fix that worked for someone very recently was to apply a silicone lubricant to the hatch buffers on the sides. This particular case was rubbing noise between the top and bottom buffers, and the lubrication fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.