kia stinger store

Hi everyone

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
If not adjustable, can be compensated with different size tires. Mine is off 1-2 mph too.. Reads high compared to several gps's.

Please use a more meaningful title in the future.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The speedometer is more accurate at surface road speeds. Once up to freeway speeds the c. 2 MPH discrepancy shows up. But that didn't stop the cop from saying last Sunday that my 79 MPH cruise control setting was 79, pushing 80: so, I don't know; you would think that a CC of 79, if c. 2 MPH higher than actual, would show up as 77 pushing 78?

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
^^if c. ???

What does your gps show when the car's speedo indicates 79? I tested with 2 different garmins to get the 2 mph speed difference. I should try my phone too, it's relatively modern (released Q4 2019) so gps should be reasonably accurate.

If you deviate from stock tire sizes and/or different tires have different diameters even for the same tire size.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Does anyone know if my 20185 Kia Stinger Gt2 speedometer can be adjusted it is off 2 MPH, dealer is stating no?
Is it off by 2 MPH @80MPH (2.5% error)
Or off by 2 MPH @ 10MPH (20% error)

The USA has a 10% error limit for commercial vehicles, not sure about non -commercial

United States​

Federal standards in the United States allow a maximum 5 mph error at a speed of 50 mph on speedometer readings for commercial vehicles. Aftermarket modifications, such as different tire and wheel sizes or different differential gearing, can cause speedometer inaccuracy.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
^^if c. ???

What does your gps show when the car's speedo indicates 79? I tested with 2 different garmins to get the 2 mph speed difference. I should try my phone too, it's relatively modern (released Q4 2019) so gps should be reasonably accurate.

If you deviate from stock tire sizes and/or different tires have different diameters even for the same tire size.
"c." means about or approximately.

I've never messed with GPS. Luddite, or borderline, here. Hah. :p

Currently on Nitto Motivo UHP A/S, and I have no idea if there is variance in OD with the Michelin PS4S (which I assume is identical OD with the PS4 that was the OE tire). Maybe the cop's speedometer is spot on and my car doesn't have a 2 MPH discrepancy.