kia stinger store

Help picking Chemical Guys Kit

Fastdadnh

Ok so the wife just told me she wants to buy me a washing kit for my new car and this forum seems to love chemical brothers. I have a black GT1, live in New Hampshire and want to try to keep the paint as scratch and swirl free as possible.

I was just on their site and was a little overwhelmed with all the kit options. Any suggestions. What you guys for you were happy with? Thanks !

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
That's the single biggest problem with them... too much choice!

Of their products I have used and liked
Diablo wheel cleaner
Synthetic quick detailer
Hydro charge
Sprayable leather cleaner conditioner

I would follow their website for the recommended soap, (they have a good tool) and if you can get a foam cannon do it, I think they over charge for their micro fiber so shop around, just be sure to get ones that are 30% polyamide for the paint, and soft surfaces.... for glass and leather the cheaper ones are fine. And I would get 3 microfiber wash mitts

I would recommend ceramic coating it yourself as soon as you can to help keep it clean and scratch free

Fastdadnh

That's the single biggest problem with them... too much choice!

Of their products I have used and liked
Diablo wheel cleaner
Synthetic quick detailer
Hydro charge
Sprayable leather cleaner conditioner

I would follow their website for the recommended soap, (they have a good tool) and if you can get a foam cannon do it, I think they over charge for their micro fiber so shop around, just be sure to get ones that are 30% polyamide for the paint, and soft surfaces.... for glass and leather the cheaper ones are fine. And I would get 3 microfiber wash mitts

I would recommend ceramic coating it yourself as soon as you can to help keep it clean and scratch free
I will ceramic coat it for sure but considering we just got 6 inches of snow that won't be happening for a while lol

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Avalon King gets good reviews and is supposed to be very easy as a DIY kit.... I bought some a few weeks ago,but have yet to apply it...kinda in the same boat as you lol

Ok so the wife just told me she wants to buy me a washing kit for my new car and this forum seems to love chemical brothers. I have a black GT1, live in New Hampshire and want to try to keep the paint as scratch and swirl free as possible.

I was just on their site and was a little overwhelmed with all the kit options. Any suggestions. What you guys for you were happy with? Thanks !
These might help...From one of THE top Youtube Detail Pros. Chemical Guys are not the only game in town.

Enjoy...

colnago1331

Don't know what your budget is, but for a basic kit this is tough to beat. Not Chemical Guys, but at least as good....

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
For microfibers use the rag company for high quality and lower cost ones for paint. And the 30 packs from costco or sams club for everything other than paint.

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Chemical Guys soaps and cleaners are legit. I got started on them with a birthday bucket, too.

I use the Mr. Pink soap for hand washing and the Honeydew Snow Foam for my new foam canon and pressure washer setup :cool: The foam canon is a cheaper version of the Chem Guys foam canon. Their stuff also tend to have nice smells; Mr. Pink smells like old school bubble bath, Honeydew smells like, well, Honeydew, and The Speed Wipe smells like Cherries. It's not necessary, but it's fun.

Their tools (rag, sponges, sprayers, brushes) are overpriced IMO. The "Torq Foam Blaster" that hooks to your garden hose is doesn't work as well and isn't worth the money/time. It gives much more watery foam, which dries faster leaving soap spots. That being said, I use their green wash mitt. I also have a half dozen plush microfiber towels to dry the car and then use a bulk-pack of generic microfiber cloths to wipe down everything else.

I've never been let down by the cleaners either. Total Interior does it all and doesn't leave a greasy shine like a protectant. I use it on all interior as a quick wipe down. The Leather Cleaner, which is also a mild conditioner, is what I've used on my seats a couple times. It cleans well and smells nice. The seats/wheel/dash are slick for a few days, but it fades quickly.

The Chem Guys wheel cleaner is good, but kind of pricey. Meguiar's makes a version that is a better value.

I can't clean a pane of auto glass to save my life, so no help there. No matter what I use, I get streaks. My best luck has been with Chem Guys Signature series glass cleaner. The Streak Free isn't so streak free for me.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Chemical Guys soaps and cleaners are legit. I got started on them with a birthday bucket, too.

I use the Mr. Pink soap for hand washing and the Honeydew Snow Foam for my new foam canon and pressure washer setup :cool: The foam canon is a cheaper version of the Chem Guys foam canon. Their stuff also tend to have nice smells; Mr. Pink smells like old school bubble bath, Honeydew smells like, well, Honeydew, and The Speed Wipe smells like Cherries. It's not necessary, but it's fun.

Their tools (rag, sponges, sprayers, brushes) are overpriced IMO. The "Torq Foam Blaster" that hooks to your garden hose is doesn't work as well and isn't worth the money/time. It gives much more watery foam, which dries faster leaving soap spots. That being said, I use their green wash mitt. I also have a half dozen plush microfiber towels to dry the car and then use a bulk-pack of generic microfiber cloths to wipe down everything else.

I've never been let down by the cleaners either. Total Interior does it all and doesn't leave a greasy shine like a protectant. I use it on all interior as a quick wipe down. The Leather Cleaner, which is also a mild conditioner, is what I've used on my seats a couple times. It cleans well and smells nice. The seats/wheel/dash are slick for a few days, but it fades quickly.

The Chem Guys wheel cleaner is good, but kind of pricey. Meguiar's makes a version that is a better value.

I can't clean a pane of auto glass to save my life, so no help there. No matter what I use, I get streaks. My best luck has been with Chem Guys Signature series glass cleaner. The Streak Free isn't so streak free for me.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Best glass cleaner (for inside) hot water and vinegar and a couple of microfibers, one for wetting, one for drying... best done when the glass is cool... my $0.02 for ypur TED talks ;)

Last edited:

MacGyver

I use chemical guys shampoo and interior cleaner and leather cleaner and conditioner. Rag company rags and drying towels and wash mitts. I recently switched to the turtle wax graphene flex wax and it is awesome and super versatile.