Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Hello, thanks for the add

Discussion in 'Introductions and Non-Stinger Talk' started by 13beerz, Jan 13, 2020.

1. 13beerz

13beerz United States Newish Member

Recently purchased 2019 Stinger GT1 w/20k and CPO on it. Think I got a good deal at 33k
    Looking to see what TSB's are out there that my car needs if they weren't handled under the CPO inspection. So far after 1 week I like the car but winter driving doesn't allow me to fully exploit its capabilities.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your Stinger GT! What did the Stinger replace for you? I’m glad you found us...

3. 13beerz

The Stinger replaced my Very Beloved 2014 Subaru Forester XT. It was tuned and quick for a grocery getter. I miss it but I do love the butt dyno effect I get with the Stinger. Hoping to find some folks in my neck of the woods to compare notes with.

4. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Stinger Enthusiast

You should add your location so folks know where you are. Welcome and congratulations on your Stinger.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

There is a TSB to do a reflash on the transmission logic (I have no idea what that means, I just try and repeat what I've heard: the service boss at "my" dealership reminds me each time I go in, that I haven't had the tranny TSB done yet, and I always say thanks but no thanks, because I don't have a problem with my tranny, and unless I do, I'm not messing with what ain't broke); and that's almost the entire "list" of TSBs on the Stinger. Really, for a brand new model, the Stinger has been satisfyingly free of TSBs - so far. Somebody else can add to the "list": but I won't hold my breath. :)

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 13beerz

Is there a TSB number I can refer to? I'm not having a problem but if I read the TSB I may notice something I wasn't aware of before.

7. MerlintheMad

There is this:
    2019 KIA STINGER 4 DR AWD
    It looks like the tranny logic I referenced is only for cars made between September and the first part of February, 2018; so, forget that one. :D
    There's this old thread (where I refound that link:p Where to check for TSBs?)

8. 13beerz

Thanks.
    Are there some standard mods that most everyone does to these cars? Don't want to look like everyone else but don't want to go crazy either since this is my daily and not my summer fun car.

9. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Welcome to the hive 13beerz. Enjoy.

10. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Performance or cosmetic?:whistle:

11. 13beerz

Either I suppose. I like doing more cosmetic things on my daily because I don't like looking for a ride to work because I was dumb.

12. MerlintheMad

The single most effective (and cheap) mod is the upgraded rear sway bar: improves "step out" a lot, as well as "float" - the perceived tendency of the Stinger to hop up and down in the back: I was never bothered by it because all previous rides were tanks compared to the Stinger :p But others are really, really bothered by float and step out. I just took both in stride when cornering "spiritedly", because I discovered quickly that neither movement actually threatens to make the car go out of control, i.e. did not adversely affect the handling per se: just an uncomfortable feeling. So, you adjust (expect/anticipate) it. I have the Eibach rear sway bar. There are a couple other brands others have tried. The Eibach is adjustable, the only one that is, if I understand correctly. The front bar and the springs can be added, of course.

Engine mods are increasing as time goes by. Others can address those.

Quite a few drivers are going aftermarket for rotors and pads, with varying results, but mostly improvement over the OE brake hardware (reduction or elimination of brake "judder" - pad deposit buildup on the rotors; and reduced brake fade when tracking the car).

The most common visual mod is an assortment of badge replacements, including wheel caps and steering wheel.

Also popular are splitters, side skirts and diffusers and spoilers. "Carbon fiber" accents or coverings are rife in this area, including the engine hood with modified "vents" (some actually opening a working air transfer to the engine room).

Wrapping the whole car is a thing. The most gorgeous late example is from Brunei Darussalam in British Racing Green. I'm Alita, Hi.

Auxiliary DRLs for the "brake" vents are lately quite exciting. They've even gotten added as far away as Australia. "Our guys" make them State-side. Kia Stinger CK71 Switchback DRLs for Sale

Some drivers have replaced their steering wheels and center console covers with Alcantara.

Various additional stickers, interior and exterior. But some have debadged their exteriors entirely for the "clean look".

Probably the biggest exterior/visual mod are aftermarket wheels. There's a dedicated thread to that one. Aftermarket Wheels

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted