Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Hello, I'm a newbie here

Discussion in 'Introductions and Non-Stinger Talk' started by Kiksbut, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

1. Kiksbut

Kiksbut Canada Newish Member

I'm looking for info & pics to help me decide which color Stinger, wheels & mods I want.
    Currently drive a Black Ice, Cadillac Cts-4 with only exterior mods.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I’m glad you found us! :)

3. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Red Stingers are known to be the fastest. :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Hello, welcome to the Hive. Micro Blue is 'beautiful' and stands out from the crowd :)

5. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

The much converted Deep Chroma Blue is the most imperial and desired of all. If in doubt check Stinger Calendar 2019 " Miss November" :laugh::rofl::laugh:

6. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Fn spell check: coverted!!!

7. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Welcome @Kiksbut , to our stingerforum, Stinger looks great in every colour, so a personal choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. P22Tyler

P22Tyler United States Member

Can confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kiksbut

Ha ha, that's funny. More aerodynamic I suspect.
    Red is very nice.

10. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

They must be; that is the only color I haven't seen "in the wild" yet. :laugh:

Welcome Kicks Butt, to the largest Stinger forum. :thumbup:

11. P22Tyler

If you want all the bells and whistles you should consider the GT2. As you're coming from a Caddy I don't imagine that would be out of your price range.

The GT2 has HUD, cooled/heated seats, heated steering wheel, automatic cruise control with smart stop/start (will stop behind the car in front of you at a stop light when active and can pull away when the car in front moves), lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, driver seat memory, heated auto dimming mirrors, automatic highbeams, Brembo brakes, smart power hatch, and other things I'm sure I'm missing. I just listed the things I personally care about most. My car is a 2018 and I know they've added things since then that are bette
    Lol I must admit I haven't seen one besides mine either. I've see a few ceramic silver, and a white one and a blue one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kiksbut

I have to hit some dealerships, look and sit in to get the feel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kiksbut

Ya, I've only seen white & silver.
    The white one looked great, lowered & some CF.

14. P22Tyler

So do you know the trim levels and all that? Your initial post made it seem like all you need info on is aftermarket mods and such, is that true or do you want more info about the car than that?

15. Kiksbut

I'm looking for basic info, trim levels etc. The more info the better. I like doing research.
    The main thing is, GT twin turbo V6. I live out of town, put on the highway miles. When I pass on the highway the caddy gives the grunt & smile to pass with ease.
    I'm looking forward to the torque of the 3.3L V6

16. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

17. Kiksbut

I'm looking forward to sitting and reading the forums.

18. P22Tyler

Well if you want all the bells and whistles I would opt for the GT2. As you live in Canada I'm not sure what really differs between the US model and Canadian model, but the important things (to me anyways) that are included in the GT2 package are as follows:

Heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, HUD, smart cruise control, automatic high beams, smart power liftgate, driver seat memory settings, heated power folding and auto dimming mirrors, Brembo brakes, lane keep assist, rear cross traffic detection, blind spot monitoring, Nappa leather, Harmon Kardon sound system, rain sensing wipers.

Like I said I'm not sure if there are many differences between the Canadian models and the US models, so any Canadian owners feel free to correct me. Also mine is a 2018 and I know they've added some things since then, like wireless charging and heated rear seats. I'm sure I forgot some things too, this car is loaded for the price, it's got everything.

The passing power is definitely not lacking either just fyi, people speculate that the engine is actually underrated from the factory. It's never left me wanting I love driving this car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kiksbut

I'm pretty sure it's the GT2 that has my name on it. I definitely enjoy driving.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kiksbut

Thanks for all the info P22Tyler.
    I appreciate luxury for sure. I'm not keen on intrusive safety features and the stop on/off engine feature. I'm sure some of them can be turned off.

Draft saved Draft deleted