Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Heads Up Display - Rotation?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by KikoTheAkita, Feb 2, 2018.

1. KikoTheAkita

KikoTheAkita United States Member

Quick question - I was adjusting the settings for the HUD, and the "rotation" adjustment didn't seem to do anything. I was hoping that I could move the display more into the lower left corner of the windshield. What should I expect the rotation setting to do? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kazz

Kazz United States Active Member

It rotates the display as a whole. I saw the setting, looked at the display, and felt it was just a bit off of true level. So mine sits at 4 ticks clockwise, I think. LOL

That said, there is another setting for the vertical location (called height in the settings, IIRC) of the HUD which I've also tweaked a bit for my tastes.

3. TomTom26

TomTom26 Switzerland Member

Maybe the grade of rotation of the sppednumbers when you set the drive mode to sport.
    In the other modes the numbers are straight vertical...

4. As Kazz said, it rotates the display as a whole. I think it's there to compensate for slight manufacturing variances. I noticed mine was a little crooked when set at '0' so I rotated it until it was level. It's a pretty subtle rotation; most people may not even notice it but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to symmetry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Member

The rotation setting is for polarized sunglasses. Due to the way light refracts off the windshield, polarized sunglasses won't let you see the HUD. Rotating it slightly lets you see it (albeit faintly).

• Informative Informative x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted