kia stinger store

Has anyone used the K&N cabin filter? VF2061

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I have one too. No difference.

Rob M

Maryland, USA
I have one,and I think it is a good option for around $50-60. It is high quality and will probably last the life of the vehicle. I just pull mine out and clean it with the garden hose each time I change engine oil. Will pay for itself in a few years.

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
Drops $800 on exhaust, 2200 on new wheels, $500 CAI

Trying to save $20 over the length of 10 years with cabin filter.

AusStinger

I have a K & N one but haven't installed it yet.

I'll bet the K & N filter voids warranty in some way shape or form being an oiled filter but it's worth a try.

Currently using one of these and I have to say, it's way better than the factory paper filter.

1617774414944.png

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW

I'll bet the K & N filter voids warranty in some way shape or form being an oiled filter but it's worth a try.

Currently using one of these and I have to say, it's way better than the factory paper filter.

View attachment 57390
I’v been using that same filter since November last year & have to agree they are certainly a lot better than the OE pleated paper one.
I’m happy to keep with this brand & replace it yearly instead of stuffing around with cleaning & oiling etc.

Rob M

Maryland, USA

The K&N cabin air filter does not use oil. It's not like the K&N oil filters which do use oil to assist in trapping particles due to increased porosity/air flow. All you do with the K&N cabin air filter is rinse it with water (can also use K&N clean and refresh products) once a year or so and let it dry before reinstalling it. It's made of non-woven polyurethane and dries fairly fast. I don't know whether if filters better than other products, but it seems to do a decent job. Definitely much sturdier than the typical replaceable filter element. The biggest complaint with these filters is the odor from the rubber gasket. It goes away after a few days. You can also just let the filter sit outside for a day or two before installation.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
K&N air filter is different from cabin filter.

AusStinger

Understood. Probably would have found that out in time but just made the assumption.

I got a deal on the 2 air filters and they threw in the cabin one but I already had that carbon / foam one in so...

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
Since I live in the "Pollen Zone" in NC, I like to change my cabin filter after the trees stop trying to re-paint my car. I've been using the FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, CF10735 and have been happy with the results. My wife notices exhaust smells from other cars less than with a plain paper filter.