Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone tried to run non ethanol gas?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by JustThatPenguin, Dec 31, 2018.

1. JustThatPenguin

JustThatPenguin United States Active Member

A new gas station opened up near my house offering non ethanol gas. The huge banners with pure gasoline caught my eye. I know back in the day some folks preferred to use that in their bmws. Has anyone tried running it for their stinger? Any side effects if I switch to pure gasoline?

2. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

For a given volume of fuel - more power, better fuel economy.

3. JustThatPenguin

Better question would be, run 93 octane fuel or 87 non ethanol fuel?

4. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Stinger Enthusiast

I can't find non ethanol gas where I am at.

5. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

Just why yes I just started using tier one 93 no ethanol....its badazz I can really tell a difference....I was using 93 ethanol and adding 4 gals of e85 for my jb4 on map 3 which is crazy fast.....so I found this station right by me that has 93 tier one no corn.....the car really responds to this gas....I filled up the other day and only added 2 gals of corn to the 93....no hiccups at all ...my logs look terrific ....next fill will be only the 93 ethanol free and no e85 :) Wash

6. Ty Davis

Ty Davis United States Active Member

Www.pure-gas.org

This website will help you find ethanol free gas in your area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Eth anal? How many octanes on that type of fuel? Is that even a fuel type?:laugh:

8. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I don't think there's anyone in AUS that would even consider an Ethanol blend in their Stinger. Minimum grade would be 91 unleaded.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. JustThatPenguin

I cant find a close by station with 93 pure gas. It's all 87. So I guess I'll stick to corn mix.

10. G-90981

G-90981 Guest

OT gas stations in San Antonio now offer 90 Oct ethanol free. I've been using this in my Stinger GT and I add a bottle Lucas octane booster. Makes a noticeable difference in performance. I'm getting consistent 4.2-4.3 0-60's.

11. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

Shannon....so why is that? Please school us :) Wash

12. Hockster

Hockster Canada Member

In Canada Shell Nitro claims to have no ethanol added. Rest of the grades are up to 10% I believe. I don't think any other brands offer ethanol free gas.

Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline

13. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hockster

Hockster Canada Member

pure-gas is horribly outdated. Or at least the station list certainly is.

Esso's website makes no mention of not using ethanol.

From the Petro Canada website:

"Do we put ethanol in our Petro‑Canada gas?
    Yes, all of our grades of gas, including our Ultra 94 high octane fuel , contain up to 10% ethanol content. This is required by federal and provincial regulations.

Refer to your owner’s manual or manufacturer to ensure your lawnmower, chainsaw or other equipment is compatible with ethanol-blended gas, or for tips on how to preserve your engine."

15. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

In AUS, an ethanol blend is either E10 or E85. Ethanol is produced by fermenting starch left over from wheat in flour production. E10 contains up to 10% of ethanol and according to government publications gives 3% less efficiency than standard unleaded 91RON.

16. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

We had United service stations selling the E10 blend fuel in W.A. for a couple of years but they have stopped selling it now. I always avoided it in my cars even though most cars can run with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted