Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone lit up the red strip between the rear tail lights? (quick photoshop)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by ElChanclo, Jul 7, 2019.

1. ElChanclo

ElChanclo Canada Active Member

I've heard multiple reviewers lament the fact that the rear brake lights do not light up full width, despite the clear red strip running across the back.

I've been scouring the net looking for a mod kit (no stinger yet, but fingers crossed, planning ahead :D) and can't find anything, my google-fu is failing me.

It seems like a trivial DIY job, the wiring is already in the rear hatch for the stock lights, and the clear red strip is already there, you just have to remove it, add a light strip, and splice the power from the existing wiring.

I did a quick shop job, looks killer, especially at night:
    hqdefault02.jpg

I know SOMEONE must have done it by now, just looking for the link/kit. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. RyanG

RyanG United States Member Sustaining Member

Just buy a Dodge :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ElChanclo

:sick:

no offence...:rofl: That was the first car that came to mind...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

First time I saw the rear end on a Stinger I thought it was awful that it looked like a Dodge. I'd hate to light that center section up and make it seem certain. But, to each their own!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Manaz

Manaz Australia Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

No such Dodges here in Australia for people to compare it with (we have Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealerships, but I think the only Dodge product they're selling is the Ram).

I think it looks OK!

6. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

@Joseph Spiegel put a row of four to half dozen LEDs behind his connecting strip, which looks pretty cool and unique. Maybe he'll come along and share.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Not the same. He is talking about replicating the OEM look on that center part of the tail light.

I've been wanting to do the same and I think it looks ok. However I've not found anyone able to do it.

The most challenging part is fitting the LEDs and the light reflector in the OEM housing. There is enough space behind the light to fit the wiring, however there is not enough space on the light it selft to fit those components, it definitely a tricky mod.

8. bpang1

bpang1 United States Member

Yeah I think you would have to take a dremel to it and carve out a channel for a LED strip to go. Shouldn't be too hard but definitely will take patience.

You'll also need to find the correct light strip that would match the existing lights so they look evenly lit.

9. ElChanclo

Is there a guide or a manual anywhere on disassembling the hatch light assembly?

10. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ElChanclo

Draft saved Draft deleted