Gutsiest Driving for the Very Last Lap

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I remembered reading this about halfway through; finished it this time too. I remember thinking last time: This is easy, there won't be any laps, so, no last lap nonsense. :D I still hold that plan firmly in mind. Thanks for (re)posting this and reaffirming my resolve. :D

Learned my lesson regarding driving too fast in 1975. I was 19 years old in a Chevy Vega (ha ha ha!) going too fast on a winding 2-lane mountain road. I went around a 30 degree corner a little too hot and, with the help of some gravel (really there was officer!) spun around 180 degrees and over the edge of a 15-foot embankment into a tree. Dented to passenger side pretty well but it was repairable. No injuries (well the tree might have lost a little bark.) Haven't driven stupid on the street (public roads) since. Plus I lost my sense of invincibility that I'm guessing most people have as teenagers. Glad I learned young.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Plus I lost my sense of invincibility that I'm guessing most people have as teenagers.
Lost it just in time to be able to say later in life, "lost my sense of invincibility as a teenager". Good timing!:D

tmmueller

Newish Member
I have had the pleasure of riding shotgun with Mr. Dyer in several amazing cars. He is a great driver and a blast to fly around with. He is also the reason I am driving a GT2 today!