Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

GT2 for $47k purchase in Seattle?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by GronkSoyFiesta, Aug 29, 2018.

1. GronkSoyFiesta

GronkSoyFiesta United States Active Member

Is this a reasonable expectation? I'm seeing folks post some crazy numbers nationally, in excess of 10% off MSRP. Not sure the lease buyout works for me because I may want to use KMF 0.9% money vs my credit union's 3.7 rate.

2. Ruturaj

Ruturaj India Active Member

If the price is before incentives and If the car is AWD, yes. For RWD you can do better.

Did those folks include if that was after or before rebate?

You can be sure if it would work out for you. Calculate online how much you would pay in interest on both rates over whatever desired time and amount. Find the difference between those two. Check if it's higher or lower than (lease discount - lease fees). Also factor in taxes depending on the state.

car payment calculator - Google Search

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  3. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

I got my GT2 AWD for $47k, 0.9 KMF. Seemed to be a fair deal for me, too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christopher

Christopher United States Member

Is that the out-the-door price? Seattle you're pushing 10% in taxes, plus the ridiculous licensing fees. If that's the case, go for it. You will be better off doing the lease cash option, if you can do a 48 or 60 term even at 3.7. Honestly, though... I got my dealer to come down almost as much as the lease cash and took advantage of the 0.9% financing so you can always push for that. We are getting toward the time where dealers are going to need to start unloading 2018's so you have an advantage.

5. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

This depends on your long term intent with the car. If looking to own long term, do the math and see which option affords the lowest cost to own over the payment terms. Id have to imagine that the lease cash rebate with slightly higher interest rate is going to be a better deal and lower cost to own. Now, IF you can get them to lower the cost before telling them its a lease thats what i would do. Agree to a purchase price for the car...let them believe you are financing...and then "change your mind" and tell them you are happy with that price but have decided to lease instead. They you can take advantage of the lease rebate on top of the stellar purchase price you just negotiated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GronkSoyFiesta

Thanks. For a loan of about 28.4, the difference in interest between 3.7 and 0.9 over 60 mo. is about $2k, which bites quite a bit into the savings of the lease option. I'm more interested in just determining how low is realistic for the purchase price minus the fees (tax, et al will be $4k+). What was the selling price (before fees) for your car?

So far the lowest actual quote I've seen on a GT2AWD is 49000, when I said I needed to do better, the dealer asked me "are you trying to get a GT2 for a GT price"? so that is the mentality I get to work with.

I read on another forum 2019s are coming in October and will have a few more features and there are a LOT of Stingers on lots in Seattle.

7. GronkSoyFiesta

Thanks. What do you think I should be looking at for a target price for a GT2 AWD? $46k is 12% off MSRP; that doesn't seem realistic...or is it?

8. Ruturaj

Does that $47K include the incentives ($2,000 financing and $1,000 AWD)?

9. GronkSoyFiesta

I don't actually know. The quotes have been high level and not itemized and I want to know what my baseline should be before I subject myself to the "fun" of negotiation.

10. Mach_Tuck

I believe that number is attainable given the current market, issues, and impending 2019s...7% - 15% is the range i typically go for with New Car purchases.

11. GronkSoyFiesta

Awesome. I will start there. Thanks for the help.

12. Ruturaj

If 47 includes incentives then it's 50. If 49 did not then that was a better deal.

I would say aim for 47-48 before incentives.

If you go for financing then you should get additional 3K off.

If you go lease you should get additional 7.9K off.

Then comes taxes and fees.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mach_Tuck

Honestly it comes down to what do YOU want to pay for the car. I had a number in mind for mine when i went shopping and ending being within $250 of that number when it was all said and done. And this was in March of this year for a Sunset Yellow. I ended up at Invoice + 500 before taxes and fees and whatever. I was about 6.5% below MSRP before i hit them with "i want to lease it now" and that further reduced the price to approx 18% below MSRP.

Once i added tags and taxes and financing for the buy out, my total cost to own will be just under MSRP in the end. Mind you AZ has 9.X% sales tax and my tags are approx $1k per year.

So, do the numbers and know what you want...dont let the dealer move you into what you think you want

14. GronkSoyFiesta

Thanks. In Seattle, we are 10.1% tax and I think tags are similar.

15. GronkSoyFiesta

Thank you. Do you have a link for the incentives that includes one for AWD? I'm only seeing $2k on a purchase.

16. Ruturaj

Go to kia's website. Select GT2 AWD stinger in build your own, on the top right corner, there would be a "Est monthly payments" option. Select that, then calculate payment and then lease.

17. GronkSoyFiesta

Thanks. There's nothing that shows as an incentive on the purchase path, only on the lease option.

18. Ruturaj

Yes, seems like it's gone. Maybe will show up again soon. But I would rather go lease and buyout at 3.7% without KMF financing discount.

19. Christopher

Christopher United States Member

I have a GT2 AWD Yellow and paid $48500. That included full PPF on the car, remote start, all weather mats and trunk liner. There weren't any incentives at the time. You could try going through Costco... it's $500 over invoice, then do lease cash option. You could also wait until the 2019's show up on the lot then you could negotiate lower. The problem I ran in to is the dealers in the Portland area didn't have a lot of them and my dealer lucked out and got one of three yellow stingers in the Northwest. You also have to combat that damn market adjustment they slap on cars up here too. I just ignore it when negotiating, but some dealers are sticklers on it. On another note... I'm thinking of doing the buyback from Kia on mine since I'm in the yellow paint issue group. They are giving me everything back on my car, including taxes, payments, accessories, wheels. If I turn around and buy another with lease cash option I'm a lot further ahead. Basically would have been driving a Stinger for free the past 8 months.

20. GronkSoyFiesta

Finally got my $47k purchase offer with the lease option at $41k (which is probably too hard to ignore).

Draft saved Draft deleted