GT vs GT Limited in Canada

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
Sorry if this has already been posted

As of 2020 you only have 2 choices in Canada, GT (MSRP 46900) or GT Limited (MSRP 51 890). Both are 3.3TT and AWD. I originally test drove a GT Limited but decided to save 5K+ and go with the GT. It took me a while to find one and I think it is because (having driven both) if a dealer had both options everyone would save the 5000 and get basically the same car in the GT.

I'm wondering how everyone else feels about this?

Here are the addons / differences for the GT Limited vs GT

Dynamic directionally adaptive headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Premium Nappa leather seats -- GT Leather Seats
Power driver's seat cushion extension
Power adjustable driver’s seat bolsters
Heated rear seats
Air-cooled front seats
Aluminum finish interior trim -- GT Carbon Trim
8" multimedia interface with integrated navigation3 -- GT 7" Display audio
Compass
15-speaker Harman Kardon® premium audio system9 -- GT 9-speaker audio
Advanced smart cruise control (ASCC (Advanced Smart Cruise Control))
7" Supervision LCD/TFT instrument cluster -- GT 3.5" Supervision LCD/TFT instrument cluster
Heads-up display (HUD) system
HomeLink® system
Lane Keep Assist System (LKA (Lane Keep Assist))1
Forward collision-avoidance assist (FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist))1
360° camera monitoring system1

Last edited:

Frenchy_418

Quebec City
I had all the option of trims and colors and still took a GT Limited, all the extras for 5k more are super cheap if you compare what its really worth in any other brands.
I think it really depend on if you considere the Stinger an expensive car, or if you consider it a cheap car compare to everything else you cross shopped. For me the stinger was 30k+ below everything else I was shopping for.

Guzman

I have a GT. I would have gone with GT Limited but the deal I got on the GT was too good to pass up. The difference was about $10,000 (same price as the old GT-Line). I think for $5K there is a lot of value in the add-ons. Not any must haves (like the 3.3T) but nice to haves. I wish I had cooled seats, red interior, 360 camera, adaptive cruise, and lane keep assist. Everything else, I would never appreciate. Both are great deals.

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
Again, this might just be me but I find lane assist and adaptive cruise annoying. I like to drive my car.
For me the only thing I really would like have is the Head Up Display... Everything else would have been nice to have.
Also my kid was hoping for the heated rear seats ....... but I don't have to sit back there:D

xriptix

Limited slip differential. You missed probably one of the most important add ons in the gt limited. The gt just isn't good value.

Got my 2020 GT limited for $45000 (before HST) brand new in Toronto. Shop around

Guzman

I don't know if I would say the GT isn't good value, it might not be as good a value as the Limited. Both are great value compared to the competition. 90% of an S5 Sportback for 60% of the price.

Hacksaw907

Canada
With only a 5k difference, I'd say yeah, get the gt limited. I'm in the same boat as @Guzman and got the regular GT because of the insane price I got (38k taxes included). I'd say shop around to find the best price of each model, and then take your pick

SteveCo

1000 Posts Club!
Calgary, AB
I never considered purchasing or test driving any other trim beside the GT Limited, because I absolutely wanted all those additional features - and am still enjoying the heck out of them ... :thumbup:

Blamo

Ontario, Canada
I never considered the limited for a second. The options are all gimmicks that add nothing to the performance of the car. And 50k was too much to spend on a Kia. At 45 the GT was more of an appropriate price for the car.
I am in the same boat, 50k (before tax) was way too much vs the 40k for the GT.
I "personally" just could not justify the 10k difference for a few bells and whistles.

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
@Madhermit Doing a bit of research it seems like both models are about on par with Canadian vs US MSRP pricing. There is no doubt both models have a ton of value.

When I started this thread I was wondering what features, GT Limited vs GT owners liked or disliked and if the extra cost was worth it. Having had my GT for a few months in the summer the cooled front seat would have been a nice add on but tough to justify the extra $$$.

Last edited:

Jayphil

I believe the GT limitted package is a steal for 5k more vs the GT and complete the Grand Tourer name of the car.

Definition: " A grand tourer (GT) is a type of sports car that is designed for high speed and long-distance driving, due to a combination of performance and luxury attributes. "

Adding to your list to be complete :

Limited-slip differential (MY20)
Aluminum finish interior trim (vs fake carbon fiber)
Premium black headliner material

Dynamic directionally adaptive headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Premium Nappa leather seats -- GT Leather Seats
Power driver's seat cushion extension
Power adjustable driver’s seat bolsters
Heated rear seats
Air-cooled front seats
Aluminum finish interior trim -- GT Carbon Trim
8" multimedia interface with integrated navigation3 -- GT 7" Display audio
Compass
15-speaker Harman Kardon® premium audio system9 -- GT 9-speaker audio
Advanced smart cruise control (ASCC (Advanced Smart Cruise Control) (Advanced Smart Cruise Control))
7" Supervision LCD/TFT instrument cluster -- GT 3.5" Supervision LCD/TFT instrument cluster
Heads-up display (HUD) system
HomeLink® system
Lane Keep Assist System (LKA (Lane Keep Assist) (Lane Keep Assist))1
Forward collision-avoidance assist (FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist))1
360° camera monitoring system1