Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Good deal on 2018?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by BEEK, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BEEK

BEEK United States Newish Member

Stinger GT2, Ceramic Silver w/red interior

List = $50,300
    Dealer Discount $5000
    Lease Cash = $7700
    Price = $37,600 + TTL

Take this or wait for 2019 model?

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Excellent. If you don't need the 360 camera et al. other MY19 additions.

3. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

For a ceramic silver w/ red (usually more rare) I'd say that's an excellent price. If you're happy with it go for it!

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

That is a great deal.

5. woot11

woot11 United States Newish Member

Which dealer is this? Do they have more GT2s in stock? I'd jump on this right away!

6. BEEK

Well, the dealer is now backtracking and adding in extra fees. Will see how it goes, but looks much less promising.

7. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

Ah yes, the good old strategy of "getting you in the door". They assume you'll just say yes to everything because "it's added value" and you already really like the car. Just tell them what your price is and leave if they won't meet it - especially if they're the ones who insinuated that price in the first place.

Although honestly, this stuff rubs me so wrong that I usually just don't do business with dealers like that. I'd rather pay a bit more to work with someone that I know is honest and upfront with me from the start - which is even more important if you're going to have the car serviced there. If they lie to make sales, they'll lie to get service.

8. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Dealer discount... i bet that includes a cap cost reduction of 3K.

9. BEEK

Ok, here is my latest deal from another dealer on a Blue Stinger RWD with Grey interior. i do like the Grey interior and looks like they have discontinued for 2019.

50,705.00 Current Market Value (they added remote start and door sill applique)
    47,000.00 Sales Price
    7700.00 Rebate
    39,300.00 Price
    900.00 Freight
    300 Dealer Processing
    1446.00 Georgia Sales Tax
    351.00 Estimated Tag & Titling Fee's
    1000.00 Down Payment

36 Month Term 10K Miles Per Year 1K Down is 573.33
    2K Down is 542.24, 3K Down is 511.16

The car is in the northeast (RWD sports cars probably not popular this time of year) and I would have it shipped to Atlanta. Good deal or wait till after first of year and get a 2019?

10. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

3700 dealer discount seems low for 2018. For 2019 Costco pricing (for Atlanta) is 3500 below MSRP.

11. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Is that a GT2?

If that is the case, then is not a bad deal. I think you can get another 500 off the sales price.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BEEK

Ok, after several simultaneous negotiations here is the best deal I'm able to find on a Ceramic Silver

After lease cash and discounts $37,953.

I'm finding the various fees vary widely from dealer to dealer. In this case there are $1440 of doc fees, lease acquisition, etc.

TTL for a lease in Georgia is fairly attractive as you only pay tax on the lease payments, not the value of the vehicle. For this car, around $2100.

Total, Out-the-door is $41,725.

• Like Like x 1
  13. woot11

woot11 United States Newish Member

Is this for a GT2 or just a GT?

14. BEEK

GT2

15. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

That isn't a terrible deal ... I was able to get my gt2 AWD from 52300 down 11% off msrp before incentives, but I hard negotiated for 90 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Yes, I am sure of that. My dealer's "fees and costs" amounted to 80% of the lease incentive. So I suspect that the dealer got back a fair amount of profit thereby. I didn't argue, since the price was not much of an issue (I don't dicker price on anything as long as I can afford a reasonable price; and I am there to buy, not be talked into it).

Draft saved Draft deleted