Going crazy looking for year and trim

brisk00

I have been trying to find a decent deal on a Stinger for for a couple of weeks now. I am pulling my hair out trying to find the best year and trim for me. I was set on a 2022 GT2 but I feel that might be a bit out of my price range. I found a 2022 GT1 at a decent price but looked a tad beat up (scratches, curb rash, chips) but the GT2 for that year has a lot of features I would like. Besides that, a 2022 GT2 has the larger telematics, which I like. My ideal pricing right now is in a 2018 GT2 RWD with only 25k miles. Besides telematics are there big differences between the 2018 GT2 and the 2022 GT2? Or is there a better year model that might be more suited for me?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Howdy and welcome. The biggest difference that matters to me is the 360 camera; none of the 2018 models have that. If you seriously think about that 2018 GT2, make sure that you thoroughly check it out for extraneous noises and paint: at only 25K miles, make sure it didn't spend a lot of time being repaired for this, that, and the other thing. If it is genuinely low miles and not for down time, then you've got a good find, in my opinion.

brisk00

That's awesome! Thank you so much for the info! I would love to have the 360 camera but pickens are super slim at the moment around here! Ha!

willmore

I have been trying to find a decent deal on a Stinger for for a couple of weeks now. I am pulling my hair out trying to find the best year and trim for me. I was set on a 2022 GT2 but I feel that might be a bit out of my price range. I found a 2022 GT1 at a decent price but looked a tad beat up (scratches, curb rash, chips) but the GT2 for that year has a lot of features I would like. Besides that, a 2022 GT2 has the larger telematics, which I like. My ideal pricing right now is in a 2018 GT2 RWD with only 25k miles. Besides telematics are there big differences between the 2018 GT2 and the 2022 GT2? Or is there a better year model that might be more suited for me?
don't give up and keep searching! after looking for months i was able to find a good deal on an 18 GT AWD but they don't come often on stingers in good condition, so jump on it when it comes. however don't be impulsive or ignore red flags. good luck on your search!

AtomicGTL

Stinger Enthusiast
Ontario, Canada
If youre in Canada, the 18s have the 360 Cam. The gt2s that is.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

bfglitch

Definitely don't rush into it, especially buying used. I've heard a few horror stories already of people buying used that were at one point heavily modified, used for racing, then returned to stock and sold. Then shortly after purchase they have several problems with the car only to find out all the issues with it and Kia then turns around and denies warranty work.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!