Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Ghost Grey with Red Interior

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Cantellu, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Cantellu

Cantellu Canada Newish Member

I would love to have Ghost Grey with Red Interior. Not available in 2018 and I don't see that it will be available in 2019 (Canada). I am working a deal with the dealership to swap out the black for Red. Seats and door skins. I expect 1-2 K cost.. Is it worth it ???

Thoughts, concerns, advise, cost estimates, recommendations ???

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 1000 Posts Club!

Is it worth it to you? How much do you want this color combo? That's all that matters. Paying what you have to, to get what you want. This forum is loaded with that mindset! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Member

I was set on Ghost Grey with red interior as well and hoped Kia would offer it for 2019 in Canada. The US can pick black or red with Ceramic Grey (same colour) so it's odd that Canada is limited to only the black.

That said, I went with the black interior with my Ghost Grey GT Ltd. and have no regrets. The red is nice but I wouldn't pay a premium to get it. Black looks just as good IMO and i think it matches the aluminum trim, headliner and exterior trim better than the red does.

I would also be a bit worried about having a Dealer do this swap. Damage to the leather that you may not see immidiately, damage to the door cards, squeaks, rattles, etc.

IMO, not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Also, you will never get that money back should you decide to sell it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BBB

BBB Canada Member

I've originally wanted white stinger and red interior, but looked over the sales guys personal stinger before purchasing mine (his car had about 15K on it) and noticed that his red seats (lumbar area mostly), primarily the drivers seat, were showing major signs of wear and looked rather dull. I'm not sure if it was just dirty or if the red dye was starting to fade do to rubbing up against clothing/belts etc.? I changed my mind on the spot and purchased the Ghost Grey with black Nappa. Although the red looks really nice, I'd hate to have a great looking car and interior only to have the seats that look sub-par after such a short period of time. Anybody with red seats seeing this type of wear/fading etc.?

6. atomiccow

atomiccow Canada Member

I have white on red. It's fine on the color front, but the leather does seem to wrinkle easily. It seems to be just wrinkling at the natural stress points of the grain, though. This is evidenced by the fact that the wrinkles don't seem to be at the parts that contact the body much. Of course, this has nothing to do with the color. Red or black, the material is the same.

7. Cantellu

Cantellu Canada Newish Member

Thanks for al the input. I am back to GG with Black for the original purchase. I can always change it later...

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted