Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Getting ready to buy a GT2

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by stingerbeagle, Nov 2, 2019.

1. stingerbeagle

stingerbeagle United States New Member

Hello! I'm new to the forum and hoping to join the Stinger community if I can find a good place to buy a GT2.

I'm starting to catch up on this whole lease-and-then-buyout technique which sounds like it's the way to go. My top preference would be to just pay cash, but if I have to jump through this hoop for incentives then I guess I'll do that.

A couple things I'd love to get some help on:

1. If anyone has done this in California, and has any feedback on whether the lease-and-then-buyout process was easy that would be awesome to hear about, especially if there were any gotchas.

2. It seems like the 24 month lease has the largest incentives (just updated for Nov). Is there any reason to bother with the other leases (36/48 mo.) or should I just go for whichever has the biggest incentive?

3. If anyone has any recommendations for dealerships and specific sales people to deal with, that would be great too. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the Palo Alto / San Jose region. Ideally I'd like to find someone who is accustomed to dealing with people who do internet research, and values everyone's time.

Thanks!

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Yes, the biggest incentive is what you go for if you know that you're doing the buyout right away.

Welcome to the forum. And good luck! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. namja

namja United States Member Sustaining Member +

1. Greater SF/Bay Area Roll Call
    2. I would only consider 36/48 if I was planning to lease for a while (1+ years?), but best bang for buck is 24 month for sure
    3. For dealership reviews: The Stinger Dealership Experience, although I remember someone saying Future Kia of Clovis (Fresno area). Otherwise, I'd suggest e-mailing multiple dealerships for their best price before sitting down in person.

4. Dahs

Dahs United States Newish Member

If you end up having a good experience somewhere, let me know your deal please. I'm in the area and these stories of terrible salesmen sounds like a pain the ass to deal with.

5. stingerbeagle

stingerbeagle United States New Member

Will do. I’m closing in on something I think, but it’s been a grind. It’s really annoying to see how little the industry has moved in terms of car buying. Some dealers have started off at $2k over MSRP with an “amazing” offer to let me keep half the rebate. It’s just mind boggling, but I guess they feel they have to do it since someone is crazy enough to purchase on those terms.

Draft saved Draft deleted