kia stinger store

Genesis GV70 US Intro

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
The GV70 had it’s US introduction yesterday. Looks like Genesis plans on bringing that vehicle and getting it on the market pretty soon. The GV70 is a compact CUV, based on the G70. Like the G70, the interior proportions aren’t a big as I would prefer but the vehicle looks really nice. It has an almost Porsche like look to the rear. What do you think about this one? Anyone planning on getting one?

Here are a couple of videos from that event.

StingertimeNC

NC
I'm going to see if I can talk the wife into getting one! The sport model of course! I think they look great too.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The wheels look like five-bladed propellers (those pits will be a bitch to clean, requiring a brush every time). The rear is ugly (any SUV has an ugly rear). I don't like the aesthetic of designing the hood "island" to take the badge.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
I understand what they're trying to accomplish with the rims, but my god that isn't working.

I happen to like the overall design otherwise. The rear is proportioned and minimalist, and the badge on the hood displacing the flow like wind around an object is tongue-in-cheek fun while remaining classy.

Plus the overall design mimics what we're seeing in the EVs being announced, so they're keeping some design element consistency across models.

IMO this has a lot of good going for it. Immediately would be forced to replace the rims, like day after purchase.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
I love the look of the interior. I like how they didn’t do like the Germans and copy the bigger versions design on the smaller ones. Doing separate interiors is a good thing and this really look good is good.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I love the look of the car . The rear is very Porsche-esque.

The wheels just look like they were attacked by and angry Ex-wife with a ball peen hammer.
...........from personal experience I trust ..............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Capecod

Will KIA follow up with their own version?
The reason I stayed away from Genesis was the lack of a local dealer, I’d like to get something like this next.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
The reason I stayed away from Genesis was the lack of a local dealer, I’d like to get something like this next.

With the demand for SUVs staying relatively steady there could be room in the lineup for a more sporty Kia branded SUV. Only time will tell.

The one thing to consider is the migration of Kia's lineup to electric and how that could impact introduction of any new gas powered vehicles. Interesting times in the next few years.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I've been following the GV70 Forum for quite a while , you should join up and get more info , the Hyundai dealerships are being used for service

Capecod

I've been following the GV70 Forum for quite a while , you should join up and get more info , the Hyundai dealerships are being used for service
I didn't know that.. My nephews a service manager at Genesis dealer about 90 miles away, 2 years ago he said he come and pick it up for me when ever I needed service, I thought that would be crazy so went with the local KIA dealership.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I didn't know that.. My nephews a service manager at Genesis dealer about 90 miles away, 2 years ago he said he come and pick it up for me when ever I needed service, I thought that would be crazy so went with the local KIA dealership.
SAL owns and runs the GV70 and 80 Forums ( and Telluride ) its a good environment , lots of solid members !