Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Genesis G70 Pricing to Start at $34,900

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Kia Stinger, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., September 19, 2018 – The 2019 Genesis G70 goes on sale this week with either a 2.0T inline four-cylinder turbocharged engine or a 3.3T V-6 twin-turbocharged engine. G70s equipped with the 2.0T engine are available in six generously equipped trim levels, including a special manual transmission Sport package, with a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $34,900. The G70s equipped with the 3.3T engine are available in four generously equipped trim levels, plus two limited production Special Edition models, with a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $43,750.

G70 2.0T is offered in six trim levels: Advanced, Elite, Prestige, Dynamic, Sport and Sport M/T, while G70 3.3T variants are available in four trim levels: Advanced, Elite, Prestige and Sport. The two limited production Special Edition 3.3T packages: Dynamic Special Edition and Design Special Edition, will only be produced in quantities of 400 units each. Every G70 sedan comes standard with class-leading active and passive safety technology, refined interior appointments and driver-focused features.

G70 Trim MSRP Launch Editions MSRP
    2.0T Advanced RWD $34,900 Design RWD $48,750
    2.0T Advanced AWD $36,900 Dynamic RWD $50,250
    2.0T Sport M/T RWD $37,900 Design AWD $50,750
    3.3T Advanced RWD $43,750 Dynamic AWD $52,250
    3.3T Advanced AWD $45,750
    MSRP excludes $995 destination charge.

Full details for each package are here: Genesis G70 Pricing to Start at $34,900 - Genesis Owners

2. Bamm1

Bamm1 United States Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

So the G70 3.3T Sport AWD is $690 less than the 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD. Plus the G70 includes remote start, connected services and 3/36 free maintenance. I guess Kia thinks a bigger trunk and back seat are worth a premium.

3. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

Absolute steal at those prices even without considering 3 years of free maintenance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

Are they (Sport vs GT2) similar in specs?

Edit: Nevermind, reading specs in the link.

5. BlaydeX15

BlaydeX15 United States Active Member

Yeah, but there's no comparison to the GT trim. I got the 3.3 Stinger for less than the G70's cheapest 2.0.

As for the top end, we'll see what it really costs after optioning it out like a Stinger GT2.

6. Bamm1

Bamm1 United States Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

The G70 3.3T Sport AWD costs $51,500 and exceeds the options of the $52,685 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD + Remote Start.

7. Tonezorz

Tonezorz United States Newish Member

Seems like the Stinger was priced based on hype, while the G70 was priced to be competitive. Two different market ideas really.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YEH

YEH United States Active Member

Here's an excellent review of the 2.0T MT.

Undoubtedly, Kia overpriced the Stinger GT2 for the US market (does it really matter w/ the incentives/discounts they are offering now)?

Otoh, while the G70 has a more luxurious interior and includes lux (service) amenities, the Stinger is, in essence, the fastback (4 Series GC, A5/S5) equivalent to the G70 - which are a good bit more than their normal 4-door sedan counterparts (3 Series, A4/S5).

Still, it would have been better if Kia USA had kept the price of the GT2 at around $50k (and included all the stuff that Canada got and is coming for 2019).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

It was mentioned at the press launch that it should be no more than $45k loaded but I think the dealer network here got greedy and they set the price higher, with some even upcharging. As great as the car is, they didn't give it all the things other markets got to deserve the price they charged. However, as folks are finding out, it is better than a lot of others out there and for a first effort, it can only get better.

10. Tonezorz

Tonezorz United States Newish Member

That number is actually $50K fully loaded. Nobody quoted below that. Some said "Mid 50's" So they're right on target.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gilthanis1

gilthanis1 United States Active Member

the G70 has connected device service......
    the FAMILY SEDAN Optima has connected device service......

the dam supposed 'Flagship' of the Kia line up, the Stinger, does not.......
    does anyone else think they really don't know what the hell they are doing with the Stinger, and don't listen when we tell them what we want.....

That aside, the G70 is definitely an awesome car. My wife and I had test driven a G80 and she loved it, but was wonderful enough to wait and see how I liked the Stinger. I want to go test drive one of these just to see a size comparison for sure.

12. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

Does anybody know when the G70 is supposed to hit the dealerships?

13. Callum

Callum United States Active Member

The G70 is the pinnacle of failed product launches. I really wanted to lease one, but gave up.

• Like Like x 3
  14. 98stage2

98stage2 United States New Member

Hey, new guy here, in the midst of doing my G70 or Stinger research. The G70 has landed at several dealerships and cars.com will pull it up if you search for all Genesis models, get those results, and then select the G70 model on the results page. Hope that helps!

15. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

I did that the other day, but even on the cars listed they said coming soon when I clicked on the vehicle...maybe they are finally here but even the Genesis website didn't have it up yet as of earlier this week.

16. 98stage2

98stage2 United States New Member

I had posted a reply with a link for you, but it looks like new members can't post links. I searched within 500 miles of my office and found that Atlanta has quite a few on the showroom floor with prices and lots of pics, New Jersey was the same. There were also a few in Alexandria, VA as well. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. YEH

YEH United States Active Member

Well, technically, Kia's 'Flagship' is the K9/K900, but yeah, the Stinger should not be devoid of amenities that are offered on the Optima.

Going to be a drawn out procedure w/ states and dealerships within those states being eligible to sell at different times.

Right now, there are 3 dealerships in GA, 2 in NJ and 1 in VA which have started selling the G70 and other 2019 Genesis models.

There will be other Genesis dealerships in VA, but they haven't gotten their state licensing yet.

Genesis is still working to get regulatory approval in certain states like California.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: