Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Genesis G70 Nails it !

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by westcoastGT, Dec 6, 2018.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The G70 is a great car in its own right, with the power and handling to match and exceed its competition. The Stinger, in my opinion, does quite well for what is was designed to do but with room for improvements for those that want more from it. Look out, the Koreans are here and causing a ruckus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Member

I prefer having more room for the passengers in the back and more room for cargo, so I went Stinger.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Considering the G70 is a bit smaller and also is still in quite limited supply, it is amazing how many people are choosing it as 'better' than the stinger. Styling is a personal choice, but I'd take stinger over g70 10/10 times.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Johnman

Johnman United States Member

G70’s are unavailable in wide swaths of the U.S., with none anywhere near Texas, where I live. No wonder Genesis’ Nov. ‘18 sales were down a whopping 76% over the previous year, with barely 400 cars sold in the entire U.S. You would think they would be taking advantage of the G70’s accolades, but they are dropping the ball bigtime.

6. Lay

Lay United States Newish Member

For me, the big incentive for the Stinger was that I could eventually use it as a family orientated car (whenever that happens) down the line and not be too out of pocket or regretting my purchase. Although the G70 has the same engine and near identical features in some departments, the extra rear passenger room, the hatch, and the ample space when the back seats are down definitely give me more ease of mind about my purchase. On top of a lower price point too, I'd take the Stinger any day over the G70. Just not one for the "luxury" line of cars.

7. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

8. KiaWill

KiaWill United States Newish Member

I was looking to checking out the G70 in person but couldn't find it at my local Hyundai dealership here in NorCAL. Seems like this is a bit of poor execution by Hyundai/Genesis.

9. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

The Stinger was not available everywhere when initially released. It takes time to get a steady supply established, we saw it with the 2019 Stinger as well when they were first available.

As to which is "better", as has been discussed many times, it depends what you expect from it. I *rarely* carry passengers but I need a vehicle that can when necessary, and I won't be keeping my Sorento past the spring. I actually like the size and styling, and despite loving to drive (and ride) in our "mountains", I'm not sacrificing much in the way of performance and handling by going with the larger vehicle. My daughter has two daily drivers, a '14 Challenger and a '98 Corvette, and she recognizes that between those two. On a race track under the watch, I'm sure you can find a "winner" but on the street or even in the hills, they're all equally enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted