Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

G’day from Central Victoria

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Trojan Thunder, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Trojan Thunder

Trojan Thunder Australia Newish Member

G’day, picked up my Stinger a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking on this forum for a while. My user name comes from when I used to fly C130 Hercules as. Flight engineer, Trojan was the Squadron callsign and Thunder was for a formation. Enjoying reading all the threads and contemplating some mods.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Welcome @Trojan Thunder on joining our stingerforum, Congrats on your Stinger, which exterior colour did you choose, would be nice too if you can post some photos of your Stinger as well.:) Also are you thinking of re-badging like many have already done.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Congrats on your beautiful new car, it's so much fun to drive, Enjoy :)

4. Welcome. Ever do a JATO or a RATO hop in your herc? Coolest thing ever to watch, but never found someone who had firsthand experience with it.

5. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Welcome aboard!

6. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

G’day, welcome to the forum & to the Stinger Owners Fraternity, enjoy your new ride :thumbup:

7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Hi TT: "Silver" would be "Silky", not "Ceramic" I presume? (because isn't that "other color" referred to as "Grey" Down Under?) You need to post some pics right away.:thumbup:

8. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Active Member

Welcome Trojan and congratulations on your new STINGER. Since you've had if for several weeks, what do you think of your new car??

9. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Active Member

I gather from a couple of your posts Merlin, you aren't a fan of the Ceramic Grey. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trojan Thunder

Sadly no, our aircraft had the hooks to take the Jato bottles but we never used them

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trojan Thunder

Yes Silky silver, I’ll try and get some pics when the weather improves

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trojan Thunder

I love it, last car was a Subaru Outback and the Stinger is just so much better in every way. We find ourselves just going for random drives just because it’s so nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bummer. Grew up more or less on the flight line of a Marine base in my hometown, and watching the burner and jato takeoffs at sunset was amazing. Plus we got the US Navy's Blue Angels demo team every year because they did winter show training on the West coast (MCAS El Centro), so got to see Fat Albert do dozens of jato hops.

Such good times for a kid who was obsessed with aircraft (and honestly still is as an adult)

14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Mostly, I don't like calling it "Silver". I'm okay with the color as such. I wouldn't want one. But I'd take one all other things considered, if that was what the fates decreed for me. I'm not that concerned about the color scheme of a car: everything is far more important.

15. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Pics?

Draft saved Draft deleted