Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

FYI for people who use our dark theme (Deep Chroma Blue)

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Hey. Just letting you know that if you use our dark theme you see this text as white. Most viewers use the light theme - Snow White Pearl - and see all text as black. Sometimes people like to color the words they're writing. For example, I will make the line below dark blue.

This line is dark blue. You can bearly see it if you're using the dark theme.

The same thing happens when you color text yellow or a light shade of green or blue, etcetera. We can't see it. And that means most of the people browsing cannot see it. So if you want to be sure your messages can be read, try to avoid changing the color of your text. Better options are to use BOLD or a larger font for anything you want to stand out...

P.S. You can change your theme by scrolling down near the bottom and looking just above the "About us" section at the left...

2. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

If you do have to read difficult-to-see colors, you can highlight that line of text to invert the background, which will make it readable due to the contrast difference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kia Stinger

Yes, but most people either don't know that (and won't see your message) - or are too lazy to highlight the text... :alien:

4. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

I'm pretty lazy about it myself. Usually take two or three brain cycles trying to read the color before I exert myself to initiate the whole finger/move/mouse/click sequence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kia Stinger

Haha. Me too. :p

6. Kia Stinger

7. Falaris

Falaris United States Active Member Sustaining Member +

Got it! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. Kia Stinger

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member

@Kia Stinger, that's not good. I do use the dark background, but haven't deliberately been using anything other than standard-color text.

Question: Suppose I use the dark background with the default text color, so that text I write shows as white for me. Does the forum software platform automatically change the text color to black for other members who use the white background?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. Kia Stinger

I'm not sure what happened but none of your other posts have this issue. You either inadvertently changed the text color of that particular post - or the forum software did, for whatever reason. Perhaps some sort of a glitch. To answer your question - no - the forum software does not compensate. If you tell it to print black text, it'll print black text. If you tell it to print white text, it'll print white text. That's why I don't like using multiple color schemes. But, people want them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kia Stinger

12. rocket23

rocket23 United States 1000 Posts Club!

blue is batter

Draft saved Draft deleted