Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Full Wrap Black Rose

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by 4WDlifeform, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Member

I figured rather than hijacking another thread, I'd just start my own. Due to concerns regarding the paint, and this car being a DD, we (my wife and I) decided to have it wrapped. Ended up being a pricey modification, but I think 5yrs or so from now we will look back and be glad we did it.

The shop was kind enough to send some progress photos, so I thought I'd share. It should be done this weekend. Also having the windows tinted. Will post up once we get her outside for some final shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

Interesting color

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

It looks like your base color is the Aurora Black, is that right? That looks like a very spiff color choice to layer over the Black.

4. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

5. 4WDlifeform

Yes, the car is aurora black. We decided not to pay extra to have the inside of the door jams wrapped. We think the black will look just fine with this color choice. Plus it complements the interior well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gilthanis1

gilthanis1 United States Active Member

Wow! I really dig that color and it's definitely a unique color. I see 100% why you'd go with that and it does go well with the red interior. Def keep us updated when you do other mods to it!

7. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

That is an awesome color.

8. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

For any wrap, you want the base color to be compatible with the wrap. I saw a white car being wrapped with a deep orange/umber vinyl, and the white stood out everywhere. Even for that color, black would have been better.

I'm in love with the white pearl paint, but originally planned to get a satin, color-shift white wrap. Whether I do now or not, white was the best base-color choice for me.

9. Sabs

Sabs United States New Member

Nice and unique color. Reminds me of Sizzling Crimson Mica from the Scion tC.

May I ask the total cost without door sills? Did they give an estimate with?

10. 4WDlifeform

Thanks all for the feedback! We can't wait to see it in person, and under natural daylight. Will get some pictures up as soon as we get it back. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

The total cost (this included tinting on 5 windows) was about 3,500. Though, we have not got the final bill yet... :whistle: They were running a promo for October when we booked it, saved us about $400. Different wraps cost more/less, I think some of the matte finishes were cheaper. We debated leaving the roof all black which would have saved a couple bucks, but then decided to add it.

The shop we chose is well known for wraps and I am sure their rate is higher than some other smaller accessory type shops. We wanted to go with the best. They honor a 5 year craftsmanship warranty, and the material is covered against fading/deterioration for 8 years.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sabs

Sabs United States New Member

Thanks! When it's done some pics in the sun would be great, along with the door jambs. I haven't seen many pics of jambs left unwrapped. I don't think it'll look bad with a dark paint color next to black.

12. 4WDlifeform

We picked up the car yesterday. When we quoted the job, they advised 5 to 7 days. Yesterday was day 15... But, we didn't have a need to rush them. Would rather have a quality job, and it sure is! We are very impressed, and very happy. Price was as quoted, total cost was 3,500 with the tinted windows. We went with a 50% tint, plus the factory glass is 70%, so it is noticeably darker, but not too blacked out. Here in PA, tinted windows is frowned upon by the law enforcers, so didn't want to go to draw too much attention. Anyway, enjoy some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was explained to me that all gloss wraps have an "orange peel" texture. Cant say it is much worse than the factory paint.. but with time and using proper treatment cleaners/enhancers, they told me it will smooth out over time, but wont go away completely. It has been cold here, but a few warm sunny days will help the wrap heal. Here is a close up of what I mean:

[​IMG]

And here is a picture inside the rear door jam:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 11:14 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Fabulous effect! The original black looks like an enhancer of the wrap.

My only question is how does one go about touching up any damage that occurs? Does wrap work with touch up pens? Does wrap hold up as well as PPF?

14. Wan El Guapo

Wan El Guapo Canada Member

That looks amazing. Should def go into the calendar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Very nice, love that color.

16. stinger1168

stinger1168 United States Active Member

Gorgeous color! Well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted