Fuel Wire Question

Maddog2873

Washington State
I am hooking up my JB4 right now, and I am noticing the fuel wires have a millimeter of unshielded cable towards the end, right before a small section of shielded cable at the tip. Should I be removing that small amount of shielding before making the connection?

GageS

Newish Member
Yes, you take that entire "cap" off and put it into the positap to pseudo-crimp it.

A plug-and-play option like this is also amazing:

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
See the fuel wire install video for how the posi-taps work.

Maddog2873

Washington State
Yeah I took another look at the video and noticed no shielding on the end. Of course my sausage fingers managed to drop one of the posi-taps and it has been labeled a loss, lol. Nobody has anything around here similar so far. Might have to order a few spares.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
You'll wind up with uneven air/fuel ratios bank to bank and the JB4 may trigger it's fuel trim variance safety system.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
If you only have 1 fuel wire connected just disable them by setting options bit0 on until both are connected. Map0 also disables them along with the rest of the tuning.

Maddog2873

Washington State
If you only have 1 fuel wire connected just disable them by setting options bit0 on until both are connected. Map0 also disables them along with the rest of the tuning.
Thank you Terry! Ordered replacement posi taps, just have to be patient until they get here now, and hope I don't drop them anymore, lol.