Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Front Skirt

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Gardy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Gardy

Gardy Australia Newish Member

I scuffed my front skirt the other day,
    has anybody had a quote for repair or replacement..?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. mandasol

mandasol United States Active Member

I scuffed the bottom front driver's side of the bumper cover and had a door ding that required repaint. No damage that needed parts replaced but they had to respray the entire front bumper cover and the both side doors and front fender so the paint would match. Cost was $1700.

They had to remove the front kia badge so I had to order another, plus I had some custom wrap that they had to remove, but I can't replace for a couple months until the paint completely sets.

20190415_150921.jpg

20190415_150823.jpg

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

I repaired and repainted mine , a bit worse than yours , repair was quoted at min $1000 damage 3.jpg damage 4.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Dang, you're good! :thumbup:

I think the OP is talking about the splitter? Replacement doesn't sound like a bumper cover to me for a mere "scuff".

5. westcoastGT

Its the same piece , his scratch is more to the center than mine , its actually to front bumper fascia ...............and thank you !! :)

6. MerlintheMad

Really! I thought all this time that the splitter was attached to the bumper cover. I still do. I'll go have a look ...

7. westcoastGT

The stock bumper does not have a splitter , thats an after market piece .............. google M&S Front Splitter for Stingers

8. MerlintheMad

What else do you call that black edge below the bumper color? It's a diminutive splitter. And it is a separate piece of black plastic. I'm unable to see how it's attached to the bumper cover.

9. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

I think it's just called the lower molding.

10. MerlintheMad

Is there an "upper molding" somewhere? It's where a splitter goes. The only thing the aftermarket add on does is attach a slightly larger shape of the same profile that already exists (and reduce your ground clearance in the bargain); calling that a splitter doesn't mean that it does the job better than what's already there OE.

11. Gardy

Gardy Australia Newish Member

03526CF3-A2B9-432A-838F-DB549272ABA0.jpeg Mine is a scuff on the body coloured skirt/bumper part as in the pics

Attached Files:

12. MerlintheMad

Nicely focused on the decorative pebbles in your driveway.:p But you get the point across. It looks like the damage is almost where @westcoastGT's was. Why would you ask about replacement when it's such a small "skuff"? Repair it for sure.

13. eljay

I have a similar scuff (no time for a picture until after the weekend). It's mostly on the underside of the bumper, but it's barely visible on the front edge.

So far I'm the only one who seems to be able to see the damage, but want to get it fixed. A local detail shop that also does light repairs and that has great reviews (but that I've never worked with) does a repair that they call a paint blend or Airbrush Touch Up. They describe it as: "The damaged area is repaired, we primer the spot, airbrush on the factory color, and then spray the area with a clear coat. Our goal is to keep as much of the original factory paint on the vehicle as possible." I haven't had paint or body work since the '80s, so I'm clueless. Does this four-hour process sound reasonable? I haven't had time to go in for a bid yet, and the shop doesn't list price ranges.

14. westcoastGT

IF ...it doesnt cost more than 200 its worth it !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. westcoastGT

What is A Car Splitter? - Blog | All-Fit Automotive

16. MerlintheMad

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Silverghost

Silverghost Canada Active Member

I pulled into a parking slot and gently nugded a concrete blocker.
    In my opinion is was a gentle nudge.
    BUT, it dislodged a number of different parts including the front air deflector.
    I minimally inspected the superficial damage without doing anything.
    I kept driving 70 km to work and back again 70 km for a few days before someone informed of the drop of my front deflector. I had to drive home another 70 km home to get to my zip ties as a temporary fix.
    At my following oil change the kia tech adjusted averything with zip ties, but the front pass side always dropped. Too much damage to the under shield to keep in place with zip ties.
    Ordered a replacement front undershield for this coming Friday for Can $450.00 incl installation.
    Hopefully everything will clip back into place....

18. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

If I recall, those under shields are just held on by 13 mm bolts. Do you have jacks or race ramps? Easy to do yourself.

19. MerlintheMad

Are you saying that little hollowed out strip of black plastic (that "lip" that goes between the projecting points of the bumper cover) costs $450 to get and put in?!

20. eljay

Is this what you mean?
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 6.46.43 PM.png

Draft saved Draft deleted