Free Maintenance??

austin116

Hey,

I have been having trouble finding if I get free maintenance, such as oil changes, included with purchasing my new Stinger. Most say that it has to be included through your dealership but I'm not sure. I found this while researching and reading "2020 Warranty and Consumer Information". Any help is appreciated because I would rather not pay for oil changes and regular maintenance if I don't have to.

Attachments

CeraMike

Florida
No, Kia doesn’t include any free maintenance. Like you said, some dealerships may offer something if you buy from them but that’s between the dealership and the customers; Kia themselves unfortunately don’t provide it as part of the vehicle purchase. The info you showed there is basically stating that if any normal maintenance items fail within the first year (or up to the first service interval, which for our cars is 6k/6mo), they will cover it but beyond that it’s on the owner.

Would definitely be nice if they provided that. A lot of European brands seem to offer that as standard.

austin116

I was hoping that they would cover at least some of the maintenance for things like oil changes like their Korean sister, Hyundai/Genesis. I know Hyundai/Genesis even have some free maintenance. But thanks for the reply!

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
I paid 1500 for 5 years of maintenance which I consider basically free, Europeans only will cover couple years but if you keep the car for more than 2-3 years they become a money pit. So yea Korean car maintenance is so affordable that considering its a 50,000 something USD car 1500 for 5 years is nothing, in perspective Porsche charges me almost 400 USD in oil change alone, wanna replace spark plugs, engine belt well thats several thousand dollars...

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Ferrari oil change and filter cost a thousand. So, Porsche is a bargain. :p

My dealership gave me nine oil and filter changes. I have one left.

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
I paid 1500 for 5 years of maintenance which I consider basically free, Europeans only will cover couple years but if you keep the car for more than 2-3 years they become a money pit. So yea Korean car maintenance is so affordable that considering its a 50,000 something USD car 1500 for 5 years is nothing, in perspective Porsche charges me almost 400 USD in oil change alone, wanna replace spark plugs, engine belt well thats several thousand dollars...
I got a kia deal when i purchased mine.
5 services/5k km.
roughly $113/mo.
If its a deal or not, i cannot tell, but thats the "service deal".

Crisis

Saskatoon, SK
My dealer included free oil changes (with synthetic oil) for as long as I owned the car when I bought my Stinger. However, that came with a catch - in order to get the free oil changes, I had to follow the dealer recommended service schedule. Unfortunately, these dealer “Service 1”, “Service 2” and “Service 3” procedures go significantly beyond what is mandated by factory warranty requirements.
Yup, the dealer will get their money from you one way or another.