Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Found a 2019 I want to buy. How much off Msrp can I get?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Mnext02, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Mnext02

Mnext02 United States Member

Msrp is like $46k

Can I buy for $40k?

Or should I do the lease buyout thing?
    Does lease buyout deal as good on 2019s as it is on 2018s?

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Have you checked KIA’s site to see the numbers? With those being new, not sure the discount on that car will be as good as on the 2018s. You can reach out to the dealer and see what they are offering. Work your best deal, you might be the first with info on the 2019 deals.

3. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

I would say no. The lease rebate on the 2019 gt1 is only 4k and if you do the buyout that's really only a 3.2k rebate with the extra fee associated with leases. Being generous a dealer MIGHT discount it 1.5k, minus 3.2k for lease rebate, plus 2.5k in fees and taxes. If you can get it for 44k you're probably doing well. You can get a 2018 GT1 for around 38-39 right now if you shop hard, are willing to accept most any color combo, and don't need financing.

4. Namuna

Namuna United States Member

I imagine you're talking about a 2019 GT1 that's the $46k?...Going the buy/finance route would be the least effective route to get a deal. 2019s are brand new stock so the dealer has little reason to give a big discount and there's no current incentives.

Again, assuming the GT1 (there's different incentives/rebates for the different models)...If you went lease route, that has a $4,000 incentive so you could try to haggle down to $40k going this route.

On the other hand, the 2018 GT1 is $44k MSRP and has $3,000 incentive ($400 additional for Military) to buy. So potentially as low as under $37k (with dealer discount and incentives). Going lease route is $6,000 incentive and puts you into the $33k range!!

Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. Doel

I would be absolutely shocked if a dealer took 10% off a 2019, I haven't heard of anyone getting such a deal on a 19'. That puts the car under invoice and the dealer would be taking a loss, don't see that happening on a car they just got within the last few weeks.

6. Namuna

Namuna United States Member

You know what, you're right. I was thinking 2018s for the 10% mark. Good catch, I'm going to adjust my original post now. Thanks.

7. Mnext02

Went into the dealer today. This is a rare car! Ceramic silver with red interior. Sticker was $46,700. Then they had $2000 additional markup because of the rarity of the color.

My negotiations began. I told them I wanted to do the lease to buy deal. So they started by giving me the $4000 rebate and taking away half of their markup. We were now at like $44k. I said nope I need it for $40k. Went back and forth a couple more times. They came down to $40,500. I said nope and walked out. They were begging me to stay and then started blowing up my phone saying they would take the $40k. But now I found another one so I'm trying to get to $39k and have them change the miles per year from 10k to 12k. So yes it can be done and this is for the hottest color. Other colors should be able to get more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mnext02

Yes GT1

9. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

It's funny how they do the take away from the price with one hand and add it back in with the other. "Funny" being annoying and not humorous.

When we first considered financing or leasing we saw that financing was only $950 incentive; leasing was $5,900 incentive. When we looked at the lease the initial cost out the door with delivery was over $7K. Eh!? But the lease cash reduced that to $1212. Okay, why the big out the door initial cost? "We incur added expenses that we have to cover". I wasn't interested in a run down of those asserted added expenses. We offered cash: how much would they take off for paying cash? "$500". That's all? "Yes." So, if we had gone for paying cash and driving away owing nothing, the GT1 MSRP of $45,450 would have first been reduced by the $2995 that they took off, then the $950, then the $500. Or drive away for $41,005. We decided to lease. Then three payments in I bought out the lease for $40,954.79. See what happened there? The way we ended up doing it was almost exactly the same as if we had simply paid cash, taken the incentive cash and the additional discount for paying cash (they don't really want people walking in and paying cash; they don't get away with anything) and driven away.

10. Doel

After all the extra fees, taxes, and money factor, that 40k quote is much higher over all. I could easily believe they took off 2.6k and then the 4k rebate to get you to 40k, but that isn't the actual price. They would have to be taking off closer to 5.5k to get you to 40k after all the extra fees and taxes which would put them at a loss on the car. IF they're giving you this deal you better jump on it, they must have a crazy incentive to meet this month's sales goal.

11. Mnext02

Wtf are u talking about

12. Doel

typically when they quote you a price, it doesn't include tax and other fees unless you get an explicit breakdown of all of that included. If you're leasing the car, the money factor is going to be the primary factor whether you're getting a good "Deal" or not. They can make that out the door price look really good, but blow up the money factor to the point where you're essentially getting the car at MSRP.

13. Mnext02

Of course it doesn't include tax

Why do I have to enter my email every time I post?!!?

Why can't I just be logged in and post?? So annoying!

14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Patience, Grasshopper, I think you've passed the threshold of "newbie" into the accepted ranks of "Member".

15. Mnext02

so if msrp is 46700 and I negotiate them down to 39000, can someone tell me what my lease payment should be with 0 down, $1000 down & $2000 down?

16. Mnext02

Cheapest I can get lease payment to is $625 with $2k down. Ugh

17. Waynerm002

In order for us to know exactly where things will end up, it would be helpful of we had the breakdown of the numbers. If they haven't shared that with you you need to ask them to do so. Use this calculator to guide you: Leasehackr Calculator

18. Doel

you never want to put anything down on a car if you're leasing it. And yeah, like I was saying above, you gotta watch out for that money factor and all the extra fees when you lease.

19. QuantumPion

QuantumPion United States Member

I just bought a 2019 GT1 AWD and got an amazing deal. The price was $42,500 (before taxes/fees), and had a $1500 rebate on top of that so $41,000 even. That is about 15% below MSRP of $48,630. Total price was $43,481 (inc. taxes & fees). They also gave me well above KBB on my trade in.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Waynerm002

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

• Creative Creative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted